First look at MY Neckknife from Robevs73

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
Hi folks!

The idea was to get a neckknife for bushcrafting but with my special specs behind it! After I wrote a thread here Robevs73 was told me by an user here! It didn´t take long for getting in contact with Rob and define the specs from the knife. Rob has also done a great great job in customer support and answered every eMail or PM extremly fast and with a lot of details! I´m very glad to found a knifemaker like Rob - The job he had done is brilliant (from beginning drawing my thoughts ..... to shipping and everything behind) :You_Rock_

He sent the knife on monday and I got my new Neckknife today from and I thought I share with you my first impressions!

And here is the beauty:

The handle:
material: Cocobolo with a beautiful look
2 pins and one lanyard hole
The handle feels extremly good in the hand - no diggin into any part of the palm and cutting is very comfortable with it! Great shape as well - and good for holding in various positions like the chest leaver grip, reverse handed, power cut.....what ever!

The blade is 3" long, with a scandi grind and 3mm thick made out of O1 toolsteel! A speacial feature is that I wanted the spine rounded off - except the first inch from the tip which should stay in a 90° angle for striking a ferrorod! Rob has done this job perfectly! :cool:

The leather sheath fits the knife like a skin fits a man *loool* (what a word playing :lmao: )
I decided to get the sheath in a nice brown and Rob has done this very even and with great care! The stitching is also wonderful done and there is no point on the sheath which I dont like!

At last I put it to a small test and cutted some paper! The first cut glided through the whole A4-sheet and I was very impressed by that.........the next was to test shaving some hair of my arm and the knife performs like no other out of the box! Scary sharp OOB! :yikes: After that I tryed to make some very fine curl shavings of the papers edge - take a look (note the very very very thin ones at the bottom)!

Thats all for the first impressions - I hope to get out in the bush soon for more wood testing!
I don´t wanna stop cutting with it - It´s just great fun doing it with this kinda knife!

Thx to Rob at this point for his superb work - I think the knife will be a good companion for a long long time! I would highly recommend any of his knives!

all the best and thx for watching
Mike

PS: I would highly appreciate any comments or thoughts (thx)

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
@JD: I only kill what I´m planning to eating :D

There is a little project running for my own - in which I want to know how far I can get with just a small knife like this one and no other tool! I do this because I want to know how much my skills are at this time and also to show other people that a small knife fits most of the bushcraft tasks!
I dont have to cut trees down - there is plenty enough dead wood lying around. I dont have to baton big log pieces - I can easily make me a wedge with this small knife. Skinning and gutting is more comfortable with a small knife........and so on!

But for this things I need a sturdy knife and Rob has done a great job on that and I´m very proud and happy with the result!

cheers
Mike

PS: Also planning on doing another project beginning next year Januar the 1st!
One Man, One Year, One Knife! (inspired from an other forum)......But not sure at this point which knife I´m going to do this - but still a small one! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE