Finland tomorrow!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Off to Finland tomorrow to see my friend Timo, for a few days canoeing, laavuing, saunaing, schnappsing and fungi gathering. Bursting with excitement. The only downside is getting up at 3.30am...

I'm going to pick up a job lot of those £4-a-piece kuksas if I can find them again.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Jammy sod, look forward to the piccies when you get back

I'll take a Kuksa off you if you've room in your bag :)

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Sounds nicer than work.. hope you have a great time and take lots of photos to make us all jealous on your return :)

Id be interested in a kuksa too :rolleyes:

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
OK I got some kuksas. They are identical to this one but are in a slightly lighter wood (scroll down). http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61530&highlight=finland

The one in the old post I spent a bit of time on, sanding it and oiling it. As they come from the store they are a bit sharp edged at the finger holes.

The takers so far are

Shewie
Gsfgaz x2
Beenn
Dave53

That leaves 4 spare as I bought 9.

I don't want anything for them, but this is the deal.

1) Make a donation to charity (I suggest at least 5 pounds per kuksa)
2) Send me a stamped addressed jiffy bag
3) I will send you a kuksa by return.

When I get home I will post the required jiffy bag size and amount of postage to stick on the jiffy bag and send my address by pm. OK?

BTW the fungi this time have been simply incredible with Chanterelles, Horn of Plenty and Sheep Polypore (a new one on me and delicious) almost falling to hand.

Last edited:

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Shewie
Gsfgaz x2
Beenn
Dave53
Southey
Barn Owl
PaulSanderson.
Huon

All gone now sorry folks, barring non-takers. I am still in Finland so give me a few days to get home, eventually get my bag from KLM and get back to you with size and postage

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
No sign of a PM here. I've made sure my inbox is free so we should be good to go.

Cheers!

Huon

OK back in one piece - blogg to follow - so everyone should have had a PM about how to claim your charity kuksa! Shout if you haven't
Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE