Trip Report Finand Canoeing Expedition with Forest Knights

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
Photos taken from my trip with Forest Knights to the beautiful area of Finland called Saimaa Lake near the Russian Boarder.
The peacefulness and tranquility of the area was music to my ears which allowed me to switch off from modern life though there is full signal everywhere for anyone wanting to use their mobile phones.
The food throughout the Expedition was great and Forest Knights took into account peoples dietary requirements regarding allergies and a brew was available pretty much all the time.
Overall it was amazing experience that I am happy that I took and I would recommend it to anyone who is undecided on whether or not to go, Forest Knights do two canoeing Expeditions to Finland each year May and September.

Below is a small selection of photos taken from the Expedition
IMG_3716.JPG IMG_3722.JPG IMG_3728.JPG IMG_3731.JPG IMG_3734.JPG IMG_3739.JPG IMG_3743.JPG IMG_3748.JPG IMG_3768 (2).JPG IMG_3784.JPG

Last edited:

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
Superb anti trash poster!!!!

Looks like a fab trip.
Did you do any Sauna?
Yes I did use the saunas and jumped into the lake off the jetty, I must say that it was rather a shock to the system., I thought the sauna was hot until we were joined my the Finish fishermen who ramped up the heat until it was barly bearable.

Reactions: jimbo75

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Brill stuff, great pics and only a little bit of envy from me :D It looks beautiful and like a place you can really feel detached from the pressures of the world goodjob

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Love the location and pics, is there snow on the ground in September ?
No, not in the part of Finland where Lake Saimaa is. In september you might find snow very, very far up north in Lapland.
That is a part of Finland that is mostly unknown to me. I tend to stick to the western and southern parts of my country.

Last edited:
Reactions: bopdude

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
For a second there I actually thought that poster was indicating the types of fish found in the lake :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE