Finally (duluthpack)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Shipping and handling was $44. Yes you are still liable for VAT on used goods.

Have now collected the packs and had a look. They certainly are bomb proof and the number 4 pack is enormous.

Not sure about the poly liners I will probably try to get dry bags / pack liners of an appropriate size. Once I have had time to use them I will be doing a review over on SotP and probably post it here as well.

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
John, how long was your parcel "awaiting customs charging" ? Mine seems to have been in there 2 days, while they have been calculating how much to screw the whole thing up...

MagiKelly

innocent bystander said:
John, how long was your parcel "awaiting customs charging" ? Mine seems to have been in there 2 days, while they have been calculating how much to screw the whole thing up...

Don't know. I had no tracking number or anything so the first I knew was when the invoice for the Tax arrived. I have purchased from Duluth twice now and have never received confirmation that my order has been received or that it was on its way.

MagiKelly

jamesoconnor said:
all this talk is tempting me to bring out my credit card and browse over to the duluth website!! ive always fancied getting a few things from them.
i even fancy getting the whelan lean too!!

Hey James

I was beginning to think you had gone missing in action.

If you want to have a look at my Duluth stuff before you take the plunge, just let me know. Also if you pop over to SotP you will see a few of us are going for a paddle at Balmaha on Sunday if you want to join us.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Well, the tax man took his £67 on top of the actual costs so well done him, I’m sure he's going to sleep well tonight knowing he's earned his money... f*c*ing b*s*ard!

I got the good folks at Duluth to write "Returned from repair" on the box but they didn't twig that it should also go on the customs declaration slip... Americans - bless 'em. It's not their fault, I shouldn't have to try and think of interesting ways to dodge even more tax than I pay.

Anyway... this is a little embarrassing... talk about big! The pack is HUGE - well for a day sack it is anyway... and the bedroll takes my base camp XL therm-a-rest with room to spare.

That's it, I’m done with this packing light nonsense, the stuff I got feels like it's going to get better and better through each generation it gets handed down through and I think this is going to be the start of a beautiful relationship ;)

So, I’m going testing it out this weekend in the woods so i'll try and get a few pics and write something a little more informative than this quick note.

I'll leave you with something thought provoking... "YAY - NEW KIT!!!" :lmao:

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
Lucky sod. Parcel farce have held on to my frost river stuff, until I pay the ransom...Which I haven't officially received yet. So my gear is sat 17 miles away in oxford, and it's not gonna be here until thursday at the earliest. Bearing in mind it got there on friday.
24 hr service, forsooth.. :(

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask...

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Squidders said:
Well, the tax man took his £67 on top of the actual costs so well done him, I’m sure he's going to sleep well tonight knowing he's earned his money... f*c*ing b*s*ard!

I got the good folks at Duluth to write "Returned from repair" on the box but they didn't twig that it should also go on the customs declaration slip... Americans - bless 'em. It's not their fault, I shouldn't have to try and think of interesting ways to dodge even more tax than I pay.

Anyway... this is a little embarrassing... talk about big! The pack is HUGE - well for a day sack it is anyway... and the bedroll takes my base camp XL therm-a-rest with room to spare.

That's it, I’m done with this packing light nonsense, the stuff I got feels like it's going to get better and better through each generation it gets handed down through and I think this is going to be the start of a beautiful relationship ;)

So, I’m going testing it out this weekend in the woods so i'll try and get a few pics and write something a little more informative than this quick note.

I'll leave you with something thought provoking... "YAY - NEW KIT!!!" :lmao:
I look forward to your review Squidders! :)

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Squidders said:
the bedroll takes my base camp XL therm-a-rest with room to spare.

Envious as anything. I have a duluth pack, but can't wait to hear more about what you think of the bedroll, as I have been thinking about one of these for a while. :rolleyes:

MattV

Dec 17, 2004
Saint Charles, IL, USA
innocent bystander said:
What do you use with it in the way of billies etc ? Would it take a crusader mug for instance ?

Sorry ib, I have been off line for a bit in the middle of a job search.

I carry a MSR Stowaway 1100 ml pot. Holds 3 cups of water for the boil. Handle locks down to keep the lid in place, and when you are transporting it, you can keep your tea, spoon, snacks what ever inside and safe.

I'll take a couple of pictures tonight when I get home and show the set-up.

The thing I like about the pot is the integral handle that stays cool and away from the fire as well as locking down the lid.

The magic-flame stove fire can lick up around the pot, so I am glad I wasn't using a traditional "billy" with fold over handle that could get hot in the flames.

Matt

MSR StowAway Pot

MattV

Dec 17, 2004
Saint Charles, IL, USA
As promised, here are a few pictures of my Magic-Flame Stove and MSR Stow-Away pot.

MattV

MagicFlameStove_001.sized.jpg

MagicFlameStove_002.sized.jpg

MagicFlameStove_003.sized.jpg

MagicFlameStove_004.sized.jpg

MagicFlameStove_005.sized.jpg

MagicFlameStove_006.sized.jpg

MagicFlameStove_007.sized.jpg

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
MagiKelly said:
Bet I could fit a couple of them in my number 4 pack :eek:
The number 4 is a canoeing one isn't it? are you supposed to put the boat in it or it in the boat??? :lmao:

Jamesdevine, bothman: both of those look good... Obviously I have no clue about the quality of them... they could even be superior to the duluthpack ones and they're certainly cheaper.

I did see a handfull of other makers of similar stuff but figured as shipping costs will be high from the US anyway and I have read very good things about duluthpack, I would go with what is known.

The price is high but at this stage, I think, worth it... i'll let you know after the weekend though ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE