A Night Under Canvas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Couldn't say Petro but honestly this isn't kit you would hike a distance with. The bag alone weighs about half of my hiking load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Couldn't say Petro but honestly this isn't kit you would hike a distance with. The bag alone weighs about half of my hiking load.

To be honest countryman, if it's worth it 3kg isn't too much, and if it's a home from home then yes. No burn holes strong material no condensation, bomb proof and uncomplicated. One thing struk me whilst reading about it, why such heavy canvas on the top, ventile or a lighter canvass or even flax that I read about, would have worked as well, it is canvass based isn't it. They already do a heavyweight option.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Yes it's all canvas. I think it's the weight of material that attracted me to this item. It just feels high quality. Bare in mind I got soaked in my hammock during Bertha. This was bought a week later. May have been reactionary.

Sleeping bag, hammock, Neoair and tarp weigh in at about 2 kgs. Obviously with the Adventure Bag I'm likely still to need a chunk of that. I have gone with a couple kilos of wool too.

Yes I can sleep close to the fire. I'm warm and enclosed. The bag shouts that it can take abuse. I could of course get a tent for about 1.5kgs. It's not the most technical solution but I like it. I can throw it back and watch the fire and the stars.

This may well be an item you need or don't need.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE