Finally (duluthpack)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
finally plucked up the courage to order a load of stuff from duluthpack... not cheap but i'm really looking forward to getting it all...

I ordered...

s120-photo.jpg
Rambler daysack for weekends away.

m121-photo.jpg
Nice thermos thingy for when I haven't got a base camp with tripod 'n' kettle

m400-photo.jpg
A nice leather journal to document my stools... or something... to be honest, this was an impulse purchase.

b200-photo.jpg
A long bedroll because I saw one a little while ago and they're awesome.

postage is stiff - the cheapest option taking possibly a few weeks and costing just over $75 and i'm sure the tax man will also get his pound of flesh... it sucks but i'm looking forward to getting it all.

- Joe

sodajoe

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 17, 2005
Co Armagh
Squidders, you weren't involved in that £50million back job :rolleyes:

But the gear looks great. :D Would be interested on a review on the bed roll.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Well, the bedroll is quite simply brilliant! I have had a really good look at one in use and they're built like an outhouse.

They take a standard therm-a-rest in a big pocket and you can also stuff clothes in the top to make a pillow. The zips are chunky and the whole thing rolls up nice to keep everything safe on the outside of your bag.

Basically, it's not the lightest but it seems to be awesomely durable and it won't burst in to flames at the first sign of a spark from a fire.

The whole thing is VERY well made and the cotton-canvas looks built to be handed down atleast 2 generations.

edit:- I stole nothing... you try and prove it :lmao:

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I bit the bullet and bought the Rambler. I love it. It is a good bit bigger than I originally thought, but great workmanship and materials. I am sure it will last for donkeys years.
It would be good to hear what you think of the bedroll once you get a chance to use it. I think there is a mini-review of one on "song of the paddle."
Squidders said:
finally plucked up the courage to order a load of stuff from duluthpack... not cheap but i'm really looking forward to getting it all...

I ordered...

s120-photo.jpg
Rambler daysack for weekends away.

m121-photo.jpg
Nice thermos thingy for when I haven't got a base camp with tripod 'n' kettle

m400-photo.jpg
A nice leather journal to document my stools... or something... to be honest, this was an impulse purchase.

b200-photo.jpg
A long bedroll because I saw one a little while ago and they're awesome.

postage is stiff - the cheapest option taking possibly a few weeks and costing just over $75 and i'm sure the tax man will also get his pound of flesh... it sucks but i'm looking forward to getting it all.

- Joe

Reactions: Daniel

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
You might want to get a tump.

I have a friend, Eli Boudrey, who does not use a pack. He rolls up all his gear in a bedroll, along with a tumpline, and carrys the gear that way.

The Duluth Pack equipment, at least the pack and bedroll, should last you a long time. I have heard from someone who is coming over from England in August. Unknown whether they would be able to haul your stuff back however, and that would be a long time to wait.

PG

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
PG: Thanks for the kind offer but you know how it is when you order something... even if you wait six months to order it, once the deed is done you (well, I do anyway) want it asap.

Hoodo: I'll certainly write something up when I get a chance to use it in the field. I'll try not to overlap with the good review by Martin (who's bedroll it was that I saw in the first place).

Martin: Thanks for adding some weight to my praise of your bedroll... I like your review... that and seeing it convinced me I should buy one in the end.

- Joe

directdrive

Forager
Oct 22, 2005
USA
Yo, Squidders: Lovely stuff! Frankly, I'm a bit jealous. I can't count the number of times I've looked longingly at the Duluth Pack Catalog. Good choices all 'round on your part. I'd thought about the Rambler daypack but was going to get the "Sparky Bag" instead. As it all came out, I couldn't justify the price on my budget and went for a Swiss Army salt & pepper canvas/leather rucksack instead. It's rock solid and soooo well made. Set me back a whopping $25 U.S. Still like to look at the Duluth catalog. Perhaps I'll make the jump one day......

Best Wishes,

Bruce

fiacha

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2005
Dublin, Ireland
mr squidders, you are a very very bad man. i left my credit card at home this morning so i wouldn't be tempted to order anything while at work !

i'm looking forward to a review of the rambler pack.. I really like this kind of pack, but have been unable to find anything of decent quality around the shops here.

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
:(
tried orderig from Frost River. Emailed them, got a suitable answer, so I placed the order. That was the last I heard from them. No loner answer emails or anything. Not impressed.

Screw them....

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Nice looking kit Squidders I must say,look forward to a review when it arrives especialy the bedroll as i have been looking at these as ive still as yet not found what i consider my perfect sleeping kit! :)

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Some nice kit there Squidders I realy want to hear about your bed roll too I would quite like myself lets hope it all arrives in time and you can bring it the Mythr Mawr moot to show us all:D

James

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
jdlenton said:
Some nice kit there Squidders I realy want to hear about your bed roll too I would quite like myself lets hope it all arrives in time and you can bring it the Mythr Mawr moot to show us all:D

James

Me too. For the warmer months, imagine a duluth bedroll and Hudson Bay 4 point blanket?

Prolly come in at about 10 kilo's but very comfy & cosy if weight isnt an issue.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
innocent bystander said:
:(
tried orderig from Frost River. Emailed them, got a suitable answer, so I placed the order. That was the last I heard from them. No loner answer emails or anything. Not impressed.

Screw them....

They are generally well thought of around here. Want me to go shake their tree? Their operation is about 20 miles from where I live, and I need to buy some rivets anyway. PM me if you'd like.

PG

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Martyn said:
Me too. For the warmer months, imagine a duluth bedroll and Hudson Bay 4 point blanket?

Prolly come in at about 10 kilo's but very comfy & cosy if weight isnt an issue.

*AND* a blanket?!? i'm not made of money :lmao:

MattV

Dec 17, 2004
Saint Charles, IL, USA
Excellent choices.

I asked for and was lucky enough to receive a Duluth Pack Rambler Pack AND a Duluth Pack Deluxe Shell Bag 200. Both in Green Canvas with Brown Leather. I was VERY happy boy on Christmas Morning. My in-laws kick ***.

I thought long and hard about ordering the bed-roll for my birthday, but have yet to bite the bullet on that one.

I hope you enjoy your new kit when it arrives. I love my pack. Large enough to carry extra gear when needed, but can carry much less if desired.

I just wish the Rambler had leather straps on the bottom so I could strap the bed-roll right to the bottom and not have to either tuck it under the lid or try to stuff it inside when I get one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE