Finally, A sheath im happy with

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Spent the dreary wet weekend having a go at a sheath with a firesteel loop and using the water based dye that I got and it seems to have come out really well. Stitching on both sides is neat as well for a change.

5009126598_075b996fd7_b.jpg

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice one, I reckon it looks easily as good if not better than the expensive gels. I love the distressed worn in look, might have to try some resolene myself now!

I think the worn look comes from the dye as you still see the structure of the leather underneath and the resolene gives it that darker appearance and highlights those areas. With the Oil based dyes, you can see in my previous attempts that it covers this up if too much is applied.
With resolene, I had put on a bit much in the past and it creates a glossy finish to the leather, but now I apply it with a cloth and wipe off the excess...which I guess is what you are supposed to do....still learning :D .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE