Fi, me and a van called Red.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Hi all I might not be posting for awhile as Fi and me are hitting the road full time in our converted tranny van complete with log burner, I was brought up Scottish roma by my grandparents so I think it's in my blood to move on, I have moved 28 time in my life 30 as a forgot living in a yurt and tippi, here is the plan Scotland west coast on to ulva then S. Ireland ring of Kerry and then over to join some friends in Portugal and from there who knows, I will miss the banter, we have been on the site for a few years now and is the first place i visit when I fire up the laptop, we leave next week all we have left at Fi's is a bed,2 chairs a table and a fridge.
So we would like to say thanks to all of you and may your journey's through life be pleasant and joyful and yours worries few.

Kindest Regards
Fi me and a van called red.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I hope the journey is peaceful, and the open road widens the world for you both. I hope too that it's full of good company along the way, that you always find what you need when it's needed, and that you're both happy and healthy :)

I know it's hard when you're wandering but keep in touch if you get the chance ?

:grouphug:
Mary

Reactions: santaman2000

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Ahead is a future that will become your memories and the stories that you will tell. The vanlife is a fantastic way to live. Best of luck, I have travelled far and wide in my van, so if u need tips, hints or just a chat while u travel, pm me! I have been all over the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy, Austria, Poland, Denmark, a bit of northern portugal. Love to see your travels! And don't look back, the worst week will be the first I promise.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Reactions: woodstock

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Happy times to you both, I really hope we'll get a trip report some time in the future, eh? :)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
You’ll be missed. I’ve always enjoyed your insights and experience and I hope you can drop in from time to time just to say hello. Best of wishes on your journey and know my thoughts and prayers go with you.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
We had a recent visit from a couple of Austrian artists who were living and travelling all over Europe. We put them in touch with our younger son who now lives in Spain now he and his partner have semi-permanently parked their van on his smallholding now they have a daughter. They are intending to stay with our son on their way back from Portugal.

I mention this because our son has followed in our footsteps by establishing a wide range of contacts with people of like mind and now has places all over Europe where they are welcomed. To manage this you have to stay in touch with as many people as possible. I bet I'm not the only member here who could suggest a useful contact. So keep on posting when you can as we'd love to know how you are getting on.

Reactions: woodstock

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Hi all Fi is handing the keys in this Fri. we are exausted as we speak Fi has been asleep since 8 bless, so from Fri. we are travellers full time.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thought for a moment there that Friday would be the 13th :rolleyes:
It's only the 12th :)

You've a couple of days to get some decent sleep before you set off, I hope the weather is excellent. It's lovely here this week.

M

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Not long before you find spots like this! Have fun!!!
03fecb906fa83a9de03a7fd1f756b222.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Hi all been a while here is a little update on our travels, spent the first night on the road after leaving Northhampton at West moreland £10 then we headed of to Loch Lomand where we spent 4 days in the car park at Tarbet then headed up to Oban where we found a parkup at a unused ind.site looked better than it sounds the seafood was to die for and cheap we also found a place the Hope centre than did a two course meal for a pound.
We then got the ferry across to Mull not very nice the roads were dreadful we camped in a verge where we found Blue salt water mussel pearls which we collected these are not to be confused with the fresh water ones that are protected,on the rad again this time stopping at aplace called Bosenesen i think thats how its spelt spent about 4 days there then got the ferry to Iona which was stunning just spent the day the headed back to Mull and back to Oban and the Ind.sitewhere we spent the next week eating shell fish and visiting the hope centre.
We are now on the Isle of Syke at a community called Rubha Phoil check it outwe will be here for the next month or so , so thats us up to date , see you all soon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE