Few days out enjoying the sunshine. Archery and a long lost knife.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Great pics of the arrows leaving your bows! And wow I'd have never have thought your knife could be rescued to that extent :) Brilliant well done!

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Just stunning really made the day I tell ya. Thats some workmanship to have any chance of lasting more than a year on a woodland floor.
The woodlands name actually means "Wet Wood" in Welsh.

Thanks again cant wait to get me mits on it.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Now we know we don't have to baby our knives any more, just let them get manked up and rusted then send them for the Evans treatment

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
That's fantastic restoration! It's testament to how well your knives are made that after more than a year in all weather it comes up like that! You're a top bloke Rob! :)

You are clearly meant to have that knife else it A wouldn't of reappeared and B wouldnt of restored to anywhere near that level of wow.

may I suggest you are very careful with it now and add some neon bright paracord to it? just to be safe like

thats testament to good workmanship and really good luck

tree beard

Feb 21, 2011
Sheffield
What is the pouch on the front of your pack and where did you get it.
Im looking for a nice big pouch to organise some small bits.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Looks to me like the Condor T&T pouch I use, lots of elastic loops, a couple of pockets and a map/document sleeve.

Link. http://www.condoroutdoor.com/ma54tandtpouch.aspx

No connection etc, etc.

Other brands are available . . . . :)

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Now we know we don't have to baby our knives any more, just let them get manked up and rusted then send them for the Evans treatment

Great idea :naughty:

That's fantastic restoration! It's testament to how well your knives are made that after more than a year in all weather it comes up like that! You're a top bloke Rob! :)

He is that.

You are clearly meant to have that knife else it A wouldn't of reappeared and B wouldnt of restored to anywhere near that level of wow.

may I suggest you are very careful with it now and add some neon bright paracord to it? just to be safe like

thats testament to good workmanship and really good luck

I am thinking a tritium and a 1000 lumins strobe! I hope not to be so daft in the future. Like i say never lost a knife before and no idea how several people on several searches missed it. Only to have my nephew stumble across it whilst looking for firewood.

Looks to me like the Condor T&T pouch I use, lots of elastic loops, a couple of pockets and a map/document sleeve.

Link. http://www.condoroutdoor.com/ma54tandtpouch.aspx

No connection etc, etc.

Other brands are available . . . . :)

Looks almost the same although it doesnt have the map case inside.

Really enjoyed reading through this...thanks for posting - great pics and amaaaazing restoration by Rob on your knife, well done for finding it!! :D

Yup top bloke for restoring it. Told me he had to spend hours on the stones to get it back, poor bloke.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Bump.

Just noted the T&T Pouch on the rear of the bergen. Would you rate its build quality? Thinking of getting one.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
It is absolutely solid and very handy for all those little bits of kit. Mine carries my FAK, repair kit, spare batteries, wash kit and sharps.
It used to fit better on my old pack but not so well on the front of the SF45. I need to come up with a better way to attach it whilst still keeping my side pockets. It is secure but a bit wobbly.
Also no idea what the make is sorry just got it in a trade years back.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
It is absolutely solid and very handy for all those little bits of kit. Mine carries my FAK, repair kit, spare batteries, wash kit and sharps.
It used to fit better on my old pack but not so well on the front of the SF45. I need to come up with a better way to attach it whilst still keeping my side pockets. It is secure but a bit wobbly.
Also no idea what the make is sorry just got it in a trade years back.

No problems. Thanks for the info , I think its Condor http://www.military1st.co.uk/ma54-003-condor-tandt-pouch-molle-tan.html

richardhomer

Settler
Aug 23, 2012
STOURBRIDGE
Looks like you guys had a really great time.
Well done on finding the knife. The photos of when you found it look bad., But I wonder how other knifes would stand up to being left outside in woodland for that long. Would be good to see if there was much difference between mass made knifes and craftsmanship made ones. All the different steels would have to be taken into account and I think it may get quite complicated!

Well done anyway and its cleaned up a lot better than I thought it wood!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE