Feel Like A Criminal

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
it could be worth sending the women a message just to confirm shes not getting your deal confused with another more recent one maybe

It'sd funny you should mention that as ive been checking out her recent ebay history and in November she purchased a Road Angel 6000 and im now wondering if she has a problem with that and has the two of us mixed up, ive not emailed her directly as it could be construed the wrong way by the PP resolution process if she tells them ive been mailing her.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I'm tempted to join you John after what I've read tonight, some folk are ending up seriously out of pocket ($000's) when Paypal and ebay refuse to resolve dodgy activity.

me too, although i sell very little on Ebay and this is the first problem ive ever had with either PP or Ebay, thankfully if there is fraud at the heart of it, i use a seperate account to my main bank account for online purchases of any sort and there is never a lot in there, as i transfer in what i need from another account to cover each transaction

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I've just had my PayPal account hacked, and a fraudulent withdrawal made from my account. Some guy made a claim for £471 for a 52" telly (actually a good price) that I didn't buy off him. To be fair to Paypal, they were the ones that spotted it as a dodgy transaction and brought it to my attention. I disputed, and won, got the money back two days ago.

Good luck with yours Kepis. Hope it all sorts out quickly.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I've just had my PayPal account hacked, and a fraudulent withdrawal made from my account. Some guy made a claim for £471 for a 52" telly (actually a good price) that I didn't buy off him. To be fair to Paypal, they were the ones that spotted it as a dodgy transaction and brought it to my attention. I disputed, and won, got the money back two days ago.

Good luck with yours Kepis. Hope it all sorts out quickly.

Thanks mate, the more i look into it and the more i hear about others caes, the happier i feel about it, i spoke with Paypal earlier and although they couldn't say anything directly because of the procedures, they did say i had sent in great backup documentation

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Unfortunatly the world is full of to++ers i was at my grandads the other day who is nearly 90 when he got a phone call from "the bank of england". A foreign voice telling him that he was owed some money from wrong charges the bloke asked if he would like the money put straight into his account or a cheque my grandad sed cheque at this point i took the phone and rhe chap asked me to confirm the last 8 numbers on his card i sed you must no the numbers if you no about the wrong charges he sed i do i have it infront of me. He told me the first 8 numbers and expected me to repeat the others luckily i no that the first 8 are all pretty much the same for all members of the local bank same as the firrst 4 digits in your post code. He promptly hung up when i quized him. I told his bank they advised him to move some money into savings as he had far to much in there for a regular usage but other than that there was nothing they could do.
I was fuming the fact that if i wasnt there someone could of emptied my nearly 90 year old grandads account without a care.
Sorry to move away from the topic

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
You should distract yourself by making something. Perhaps if you had a chunk of, oh, I don't know, lime wood or something...

:rolleyes:

Good luck

Now it's funny ya know, as luck would have it i have a good sized chunk of that here just calling out to me to be turned into something;)

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Unfortunatly the world is full of to++ers i was at my grandads the other day who is nearly 90 when he got a phone call from "the bank of england". A foreign voice telling him that he was owed some money from wrong charges the bloke asked if he would like the money put straight into his account or a cheque my grandad sed cheque at this point i took the phone and rhe chap asked me to confirm the last 8 numbers on his card i sed you must no the numbers if you no about the wrong charges he sed i do i have it infront of me. He told me the first 8 numbers and expected me to repeat the others luckily i no that the first 8 are all pretty much the same for all members of the local bank same as the firrst 4 digits in your post code. He promptly hung up when i quized him. I told his bank they advised him to move some money into savings as he had far to much in there for a regular usage but other than that there was nothing they could do.
I was fuming the fact that if i wasnt there someone could of emptied my nearly 90 year old grandads account without a care.
Sorry to move away from the topic

Dont be sorry to go off the topic, i think it's great the way threads evolve on here.

I know what you mean though, there is some real scum in the world these days, i heard on the radio this morning that one of the local country houses had £55k worth of lead nicked off it's roof, but the worst was an elderly chap who got taken by these scum bags as they pretended to be from Santander and asked him for money to investigate a fraud on his account, they wiped him out, but this one has a happy(ish) ending, one of the Plod started a whip round at the station and they raised quite a bit of money for the chap aaaand the local community got together and gave him food parcels and the like, to see him through until his pension gets paid again

Last edited:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Just got this through from Paypal

"We have completed our investigation of the transaction below and were unable to find evidence of unauthorised access to the buyer’s account.

This case was refused to the buyer and no funds were recovered from your account."

Alls well that ends well, thanks for all the advice and supportive Pm's people - appreciate it

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
I actually had a very insulting issue with Paypal after I had sold loads of stuff here on BCUK and the used Payapl to collect the payment. As I wasn't receiving any feedback because nothing was being sold through ebay (Even though my ebay feedback is 100% anyway) I was told there was a risk of me engaging in fraudulent activity and there was now going to be a delay of 4 weeks between receiving money and being able to transfer it to my bank account. This annoyed me intensely as not only did I take it as a slight on my character but it rendered useless the ability to be able to sell quickly when I needed quick cash capital. Anyway they said this would remain in place for as 'long as they saw fit' at which point I went all Law student and it only remained in place for 2 weeks before the whole thing was scrapped.

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
I actually had a very insulting issue with Paypal after I had sold loads of stuff here on BCUK and the used Payapl to collect the payment. As I wasn't receiving any feedback because nothing was being sold through ebay (Even though my ebay feedback is 100% anyway) I was told there was a risk of me engaging in fraudulent activity and there was now going to be a delay of 4 weeks between receiving money and being able to transfer it to my bank account. This annoyed me intensely as not only did I take it as a slight on my character but it rendered useless the ability to be able to sell quickly when I needed quick cash capital. Anyway they said this would remain in place for as 'long as they saw fit' at which point I went all Law student and it only remained in place for 2 weeks before the whole thing was scrapped.

Paypal and Ebay are one and the same [Ebay own Paypal] and although I use both to sell and buy you need to be very wary. I use seperate account and tranfer in and out as needed. I also have not authorised Ebay/Paypal to Directly withdraw from my account which is another safeguard.

They are quite fond of freezing money in the event of any dispute to ensure Ebay/Paypal are covered. They are both too big for the consumers good.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE