Fear of the dark

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rumi

Forager
Mr Ski..

It seems you lurk around these forums making inappropriate comments and belittling what are quite serious matters. If you really are such a prankster I suggest that you should be extremely cautious. At night people state of awareness is much higher and the fight/ flight instinct is not one which can easily be brought under control. I sincerely hope you are joking, or we might have to change your name to Mr Skid owing to the state of your pants after the stalker has been stalked.

Lets keep on topic..

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
Mr Ski..

It seems you lurk around these forums making inappropriate comments and belittling what are quite serious matters.
Lets keep on topic..

Wowzer!! Cannot make out if your joking or not! But I kinda feel like I'm back at school =(

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I'm sure this thread has gone off topic a few times now and a few posts have had leg pulling involved !!!! Just makes more interesting reading imo. Lighten up guys.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I have pulled a few legs, while they were in there hammocks, just drifting off, you know that bit were you think your awake but you jump at the slightest noise, next time it happens, look at your feet, ill be there, smiling and eating statio nuts!!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I have pulled a few legs, while they were in there hammocks, just drifting off, you know that bit were you think your awake but you jump at the slightest noise, next time it happens, look at your feet, ill be there, smiling and eating statio nuts!!

Cool, that's were I'll be hanging this in future

100_0798.jpg

zarkwon

Nomad
Mar 23, 2010
West Riding, Yorkshire
Think I've found your man. Came across this whilst reading a thread on hunting. http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60199&page=3

" Miles,

I'd ignore all these replies if I were you.

Those who've replied have money and buy all the expensive kit they can. Don't listen to them - they are fashionistas mate.

They have lost sight of what it means to be at one with nature.

I, on the other hand, hunt alone.

I've no phone, no pool, no pets, don't pay no crazy Vets - it's just me in bare feet and with my bare hands on a daily basis.

Usually I'm hunting for dog ends - short but not too thick around.

In Winter I use an old worn out suit and shoes, but who hasn't?

This post may appear controversial, well dang me, they can go and get a rope and hang me!

I'm with you Miles. "

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Think I've found your man. Came across this whilst reading a thread on hunting. http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60199&page=3

" Miles,

I'd ignore all these replies if I were you.

Those who've replied have money and buy all the expensive kit they can. Don't listen to them - they are fashionistas mate.

They have lost sight of what it means to be at one with nature.

I, on the other hand, hunt alone.

I've no phone, no pool, no pets, don't pay no crazy Vets - it's just me in bare feet and with my bare hands on a daily basis.

Usually I'm hunting for dog ends - short but not too thick around.

In Winter I use an old worn out suit and shoes, but who hasn't?

This post may appear controversial, well dang me, they can go and get a rope and hang me!

I'm with you Miles. "

Fat chance of it being Miyagi. He can't walk straight let alone silently.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Fat chance of it being Miyagi. He can't walk straight let alone silently.

That's very true. I blame my star sign.

I remember posting that and getting a PM asking if I'd really been hunting barefoot...

JD knows it wasn't me - like I'd be able to control my laughter?

Jan 28, 2010
ontario
Well I finally decided to look at this thread since it had so many posts, thought there must be something interesting in here....
didn't quite have the patience to read every word, but wow...some great stories and experiences.
Seems in general most loss of sleep or scary moments were caused by or perceived to be related to other humans...
Things are so different here. I've had bears wander into camp at night, and that's a real concern for all campers here...
Also from time to time a moose will wander by...a friend of mine had one step OVER his tent..freaky experience seeing a moose's knee
out your tent window! But it just would never occur to anyone here that other people would come into your camp at night, certainly
not to do you any harm anyway...mostly the people are so few and far between when we go out in the bush that everybody has a few square
miles to himself. Given the choice I think I'd rather have the odd bear wake me up at 2am!

Rumi

Forager
Yorkshire moors? tee hee..

First time I went camping I was told a very scary story which completely freaked me out and the idea of it still does.. the fact that I work with a large number of potentially scary people.. it still freaks me out.. I dont think of it when Im alone in the dark a long way from home, what I fear is the other people who can wolf walk like me, but then if its pitch dark and I have no light on how will they find me and if it is that quiet I will hear them.. I hope.. (nervous) lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE