Favourite Piece of Kit?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
British Red said:
Hang on, that Landy is full of electrics.... :eek:

Our Landy is full of....hammers and spanners..............

Thats clearly a Toyota with a Landy body shell :lmao:

Not realy the forum/thread for this but it also needs more than a couple of AAA's to power it! :drive:
DSC01942.jpg
[/IMG]

What is a "Toyota"??

Cheers

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
My poncho is quite special, it gets me out of the wind and rain or off a cold wet floor when out and about and always slept under it until i got the hammock. the poncho still comes with me though.

My Nirex folder is a great friend, full of all sorts of crap that i would not leave at home.

My Compass is always in my pocket and i have never worked in degrees.

My folding saw, i have carried one for near on 20 years now and have never had the need for an axe and the closest i have got to an axe was in the jungle when a machete worked just fine. OK i know an axe has its use in the frozen north.

My knife, not because of the knife but because what i can do and make with it.

And my best bit of kit is my teaspoon, it has been all over the world with me, sitting in my pocket ready to be used. I have never had need for KFS whilst out and about.

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
This is incredibly sad, but it is my crusader mug.

I've wanted one for years and never had the cash, but now I have it :D

I sat at home just holding it for about 15 minutes when it came, with a huge grin on my face.

And there is another equally sad favoutire - its a melamine spoon. I can't justify why I like it so much, I just do for some only-God-knows-why reason.

I desperately need a more exciting life.......

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
If we are talking kit we might use in the woods, and I'm sure we are, then other than my knife; its just so obviously useful, I would elect my pair of hand-made custom fox calls, crafted for me by a former Mountain Man who, rather sadly I feel, now lives in Las Vegas.

Cheers

Foaxcall1.jpg
[/IMG]

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
got to be the night vision viewer i just got .
hehehehehehe watch out i can see you but you cant see me
hehehehehee

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
It's hard to pick a single favourite piece of kit - I'd be hard pushed to choose between my Paul Baker knife and my trusty old Macpac Microlight tent. I suspect that my DD hammock / Kathmandu tarp combo might displace the tent, but I haven't used it enough to say for sure yet. It's certainly never going to be as fast and easy to pitch...

Alchemist

Forager
Aug 1, 2005
Hampshire
If we exclude the knife and firesteel, it would have to be my snowpeak titanium spork. I am the envy of everyone. It is a spoon and a fork all in one- wow. Not just that, it has a lanyard attachment and it is made of titanium- unbelievable. The marvels of modern technology. It is so light that you can keep it in your pocket at all times in case you need to steal a spoonfull (or a forkfull) of something.
But most importantly, it allows me to put food down my head.

ps- I posted this before I saw rainman's answer.

Rain man

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2006
London
Hey Alchemist... glad there are others who have found the spork. Its Godly! :)
Yes Wooden spoons are fun to make but I challenge all to take up the Spork challenge! haha. I have seen other makes, and they use lexan and plain old plastic with the fork on the other end of the handle, but i don't think they come close to the titanium model but any opinions will be good.

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
I rather like the twin-ended lexan spork. It dosn't stick to your hand when it's cold, and the fork is actually functional as a fork - i.e. you can twizzle noodles and spaghetti round it, unlike the titanium one which you can only really spear large chunks of food on to. Still, each to his own........

Jake.

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
At the moment, it's my Swiss Army Knife. It's just so incredibly useful, both in the woods and when at home. I use it so often, I really miss it when it's not in my pocket.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE