Favourite head gear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
furhter to JFs reply
sticker375x360_u1_zps6912b964.png

beard-is-just-awesome-escaping-through-my-face_zps03301ad2.jpg

988445_381018665370918_865360330_n_zpse27adbe1.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Tilley T3 for me as well. Ears aren't covered, but my wife knitted me a simple wool headband that covers my ears and can be worn with the Tilley. Toasty.
140403-111021.jpg

You tried the tweed winter Tilley Mike? Has ear bands built in (& a forehead warmer, but I cant really see when that bits down). Toasty warm hat.

Don't worry I'm growing the beard back. I know some see it as lazy but I usually keep it well trimmed and shave my neck daily, so it's possibly more work.

I do look weird; well weirder without a beard and my jaw stiffens up in the cold making speech not great which if an affect I'd forgotten about when its sans growth.

Funny the face recognition software on the photo storage I use on the 'puter doesn't like beards and has a heck of a job recognising collections of ubiquitously bearded bushcrafters - and if you throw hats into the mix it just gives up.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Don't grow it back, a beard adds years to most chaps and IMHO non shaving is a sign of laziness... just my view.

I actually think my beard makes me look younger! Also when I look at the picture of me sans beard I just see my old Dad. He did suit his RAF Moustache when he had it though. I don't, I look like a pillock with a 'tache.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
As well as the winter Tilley I've one of these for cold cold days from Swanndri. I look a bit like Elmer Fudd in it but it's a great practical hat. LINK

Last edited:

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
As well as the winter Tilley I've one of these for cold cold days from Swanndri. I look a bit like Elmer Fudd in it but it's a great practical hat. LINK
I have one of those, although it looks like production has moved to China since I got mine. Love how on the page you linked to there are three consecutive reviews describing the sizing as "Feels true to size," "Feels half size too big" and "Feels half size too small" :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE