Favourite camo pattern?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mrmel

Forager
Jun 23, 2008
Gloucester
Personally I don't think you can bet good old fashion British DPM, although I also really like the look of Digi camo.
I fact I like British DPM so much that I'm planning to mod my pc case in it. lol

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
melonfish, that top one's a ruskie copy of ss oakleaf and no mistake! if i was to chose a new pattern id go for either finish,or swedish, whilst im not disputting the new digi stuff works i prefer the traditional style stuff.

saddler

Forager
Jun 16, 2009
Haddington, Scotland
Swedish pattern is the mutts - ARKTIS make some of their kit in this

Also like Multicam & picked up an M-65-a-like jacket in Indonesia that was in a VINE pattern

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Aesthetically, the old american jungle one too.
Ghillie suits look cool too.

In practice, I don't wear the stuff as I am not trying to avoid capture or being shot at.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I wear a US woodland camo shirt and British 95 pat trousers. £15 for the lot from a surplus shop. Ideal for getting grubby in the woods. :D ;)

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Current UK Desert is my favourite.

I saw a Norwegian officer in camo at the Brunei Garrison and thought their pattern is much nicer than the usual woodland patterns.

Anyone know what it is called?

http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/00033.php

Forsverets is what its called ;)

Andybysea, Aye its based off the german SS patterns yeah, tbh if you look at alot of russian cams they copy an aweful lot of other countries, their ideology is if it works then why not.
they call DPM Smog, US Woodland is oddly just woodland though? they even copied american choc chip.

Chainsaw, i LOVE the german Splinter pattern, those hooded sniper smocks are flippin amazing imo. you can even get reversable snow type ones too ;)

Brown Bear

Forager
May 12, 2009
Cambridge
Read this thread quickly and then tell me if it doesn't sound like a hen party in a bar talking about dresses and sandals.

Shame on you.

Hangman

Tenderfoot
Definately DPM for me, I do like the MARPAT and CADPAT, but the stuff is dear and given that I like DPM and the price I can't beat it.

As for ACU - I love the stuff, I play airsoft and there are a lot of american kit fiends all wearing ACU, it's great because I can see them a mile away !

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
british DPM is nice, and probably the pattern I have the most of (mainly due to availability)
I quite like the look of the australian jellybean pattern aswell, but I'm not completly sure why.

morning wood camo is fun, although I don't know how practical it is.
not especialy suitable for under 18's though, and be a bit carefull googling it, I'm told missing out the camo bit can bring up some....unsuitable sites.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE