Favorite Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
I like the honey stoves, I no longer have mine as i used my hobo stove more but i liked how small it went when packed away. The only downside is if stopped for a quick brew you have to wait for it to cool down before it can be put away :)

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
My first hobo reel:
SA400792-1.jpg

Hobo stove with tatonka mug:
P040411_1642.jpg
:D

personal favourites
buck canoe knife-legal for british edc goes everywhere with me and comes in handy at least twice a day
GB outdoor axe punches way above its weight
ray mears bushcraft knife now it has been rescaled pure joy to use
honey stove-enough said
crusader cup that is never too far from my pack unless being washed up, done both woodlore courses with me and every camp i have done since and before the courses.
Boris my travel badger-
picturesforsorting067.jpg

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
tormek wheels
roselli axe
swedish parka
LL Bean hunting boots
source sandals
Self made knife with lauiri blade

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
I love my crusader mug, but also like the tatonka mug for the measurments when cooking and the fit on the nalgene bottle. I couldnt decide between nalgene with tatonka mug and 58 pattern bottle and crusader mug, so i ordered both :p

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Mitcham, South London (Surrey)
The ones that have made me say 'I love this bit of kit' (so far):

Mora 510 Knife
Eydon Poppin Kettle
Uco Candle Lantern
Ronnie Sunshines Dutch Oven

Of course we're generally fans of all our kit and generally won't keep it if we don't like or it's not useful!
We've just bought hammocks so will remain to be seen how well we get on with them!

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
This was a tricky one: in terms of my favourite items, probably my SBT and firesteel as they're the ones that feel most 'bushcrafty'. However, in terms of the item that gets the most use, my Leatherman Wave - it's not sexy or green, and Ray Mears has never sold them but it is incredibly useful!

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
I have a good few too hard to pick 'the one' though :lol:

Woodlore Golden Eagle sleeping bag
Mora knife
Swisschamp SAK
Bacho Laplander
LMF Firesteel
Tindercard
Honey Stove
Zebra Billy can
Petzl headtorch
Vango Sherpa 65 rucksack
Vango Omega 350 tent

The list could probably go on, love all my kit!

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Alpkit gourdon 20 litre sack. Got one for £12.50 and inflation made its replacement £20. Hoping one day to get an overnighter kit down small and light enough to be able to use it for that and not just for day walks.

My fell shoes as they are the best thing for everything from running in to backpacking in (even in winter I find them better than boots).

A cheap 2" knife made by Whitby (folder with liner lock I think). It has a clip and used to fit into a little hidden pocket on my black trousers where it couldn't be seen due to it being a dark gunmetal colour. I used to forget it was there and it often got washed with the trousers without any harm. Sharp too and keeps its edge very well. Only £10 from F&T.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
sas smock
hooded softshell togg 24
58 patt water bottles, tho am currently feeling converted to the dutch version, very pleased with them.
thermarest prolite
army goretex, patt 94 version with arctic buttons

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Old Kit

Karrimor Alpiniste 65 ltr rucksac, 1990.
Original Karimat. Two tone blue/yellow. 1980s vintage.

Newer Kit <10yrs old
Old Town Cahrles River canoe
Dutch Oven
Swiss Army knife
Swedish Mil Trangia
Kelly Kettle

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Alot of good kit:)
No favorites for the zebra billy can, osprey water bottle and crusader mug?:O

Was expeting them and the laplander saw/gransfor brux combo :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE