Favorite Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Hello, Just wondering what everyones favorite kit is, wether its 1 item or 20, £1 or £100. Images if possible :)

Mine would have to be:
Mora Knife
Swiss army knife
Homemade billy can
Homemade hobo stove (Ikea drainer)
Trangia burner
58 pattern water bottle and metal mug
SS Nalgene and tatonka mug
Ferro rod
Nescafe 3in1's

Look forward to seeing your items!:)

kINGPIN

Nomad
Dec 14, 2009
Cambridgeshire UK
Wilkos, builders merchants, and tesco is your best bet for the meths mate. Buy the big bottles.

To save some pennies, use the camp fire as much as you can.

Realbark

Aimless Wanderer
Jan 18, 2011
South Lincs UK
Mora knife
Hobo Cookset
Homemade firesteel
1950s haversack

SAM_0074.jpg

SAM_0080-1.jpg

SAM_0079.jpg

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
I will look in tesco for meths, thankyou :)

I have the same hobo and water bottle as you Realbark:) and your sheath is very nice :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A couple of favourites ...

Warbonnet Blackbird hammock & Superfly tarp
Nova Craft Bob Special noo
GB Wilderness axe
"Blackbox" stove :)

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
I was looking at a GB wildlife hatchet yesterday but i have no funds at the moment, looks a lovely bit of kit though

Also need to replace my DD tarp soon.

Realbark

Aimless Wanderer
Jan 18, 2011
South Lincs UK
The Gelert Solo is a good tent - im six foot 2 and its a squeeze BUT for ease of packing, weight (1.3kg) its a steal at 26.00 (apologies for hijack)

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
I have only ever used a tent in the woods once, I hate all the condensation in the mornings!
but it looks like a nice little tent :)

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
How many nights could you camp with your sewing machine? and im guessing you also take along a very long extension lead? :p

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The Gelert Solo is a good tent - im six foot 2 and its a squeeze BUT for ease of packing, weight (1.3kg) its a steal at 26.00 (apologies for hijack)

If you sack those steel pegs and replace them with some nice Alpkit Ti ones it weighs nearer 1kg

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
How many nights could you camp with your sewing machine? and im guessing you also take along a very long extension lead? :p

They stay at home - tis the gear they make, and the money I make from the bits they make that facilitates my getting out :)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
My hands - gotta be my hands!

With them I've made my hobo stove, cooking pots, knives, sheaths and fire making kits. I made my ventile smock, which is by far the best outdoor coat I have ever owned, and like John Fenna, it is through them that I get to go out and do what I like best in the woods.

ATB

Ogri the trog

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Id love to be able to make more bushcraft related items like leather pouches ect although I have made hobo stoves, billy cans, hobo fishing reels and a stainless steel fire box :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE