Favorite bit from Ray's new series

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
I think my favourite bit has been from tonight because it has brought back all the times i have watched badgers snuffling and remebering the devatation they can reek when they get into a pheasant pen CHOMP through anything but i still think they are kingly beasts. Watch a badger run and you have to stifle a chukle every time Brill

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
GrahamD said:
So many good bits, where to start - The Pine stove, the knife handles, the canoe and paddle building, but for me the best two bits (equal first) were both from the episode where he took the canoe trip.

1. Ray Goodwin surfing the wave - made it look sooo easy - I'd be swimming long ago :D

2. Again Ray G with the firelighting by friction - fabulous I felt every stroke of it.

For my money, the best full series Ray's done - up there with some of the very old tracks episodes - I just wish the BBC would repeat the series - not just Rays bits but Pete McCarthy and also Mr Crabtree goes fishing - all vintage stuff!!

Graham
Seconded,i wish that the Beeb would repeat all the Tracks programmes,i allso wish that Rays first series would be released on DVD.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Last nights British programme was the best one yet for me, because it was more accessible to the majority of us. Although he has shown his passion before, I felt a great deal of emotion under the surface last night. However, I still wish he’d spend an hour just preparing tinder or lighting a fire or discussing kit, but then again I’m a nerd about this stuff.

Bardialus

May 13, 2005
Chesterfield
The British woodand is beautiful, a shame that there isn't more of it in the Midlands; by that I mean like New Forest.

Most of the great woodlands I can get too via the rubber sole method of transport, seem to be little patches compared to those down south.

When I saw the badgers on the show I realised that its been years since I've seen them in my local woods, hmm time for the camp out I think.

Earth Mother

May 15, 2005
Kent
Does anybody have the Tracks series on tape or DVD? I have never seen them and am kicking myself for not becoming interested in Bushcraft earlier. I'd obviously pay for costs etc and consider you my new hero :)

Ali x

hootchi

Settler
Earth Mother said:
Does anybody have the Tracks series on tape or DVD? I have never seen them and am kicking myself for not becoming interested in Bushcraft earlier. I'd obviously pay for costs etc and consider you my new hero :)

Ali x
I don't think it exists commercially so someone would have had to record all the episodes. Good luck with that.:cool:

Cheers :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE