Fashionable bushcraft?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
I am NOT biting ..................... :rolleyes:

PS I dont smell :D

PPS Havent been to Pilton for a good 10 years. I have far better taste these days. I detest both Eastenders & Estate Agents.

PPS My tent hath not a flower in site. Maybe a few sticks of incense, but no flowers ;)

Oh bu**er, did I just bite??? :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Uhuh :D

Me too :rolleyes:
Actually I own a Webtex collapsable basin (bowl) that I use for washing in when out and about, and it's very good.
I think I'm going to applique flowers and leaves on my tepee just to add to the confusion ;)

Cheers,
Toddy

ooops, cross posted; I was answering janiepopps :eek: who said,

"I am NOT biting .....................

PS I dont smell

PPS Havent been to Pilton for a good 10 years. I have far better taste these days. I detest both Eastenders & Estate Agents.

PPS My tent hath not a flower in site. Maybe a few sticks of incense, but no flowers

Oh bu**er, did I just bite??? "

drstrange

Forager
Jul 9, 2006
London
Toddy said:
Uhuh :D

Me too :rolleyes:
Actually I own a Webtex collapsable basin (bowl) that I use for washing in when out and about, and it's very good.
I think I'm going to applique flowers and leaves on my tepee just to add to the confusion ;)

Cheers,
Toddy

Ah, see, I knew that one would smoke em out!

drstrange

Forager
Jul 9, 2006
London
janiepopps said:
Did the incense not give it away??! :240:

Huh, and to think I stood up for you in ranting mode!!! :D

j ;)

Narr, the real hippies aint so bad, and its only the male ones that smell, (I know that's sexist, not only that, it's an unashamed attempt to dig myself out of yet another hole).
Do you like Dylan?

drstrange

Forager
Jul 9, 2006
London
richeadon said:
Right, back on thread.

'The Week' magazine has now said foraging is 'in' this season.

Wow, first time I've been cool.

Oh @##*#!! That is depressing.

Expect to see whole brigades of Chelsea Tanks tearing around the coutryside, unloading cart-loads of Barbour-clad twits bearing Gary Rhodes "foraging for fools" airport bestseller, grabbing huge amounts of natures finest just to impress their dispicable friends at their painfully trendy rustic soarays in their overpriced Islington lofts. Someone get me a sick-bag I think I'm going to Chuck!

black_kissa

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2006
N/A
Montivagus said:
The more people that stay at home the better…..leave it to those who know how to exist in harmony with it and treat it with respect. :eek:

I pray that we too stay conscious of our own shortcomings and keep trying to improve ourselves. I bet there's plenty of deer and others that would love to see bushcrafters stay out of their home too...
So if we go there, let us realize that we are in their home, be good guests, and leave when we feel we're not welcome...

Live and Love,
Anneke

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
drstrange said:
Oh @##*#!! That is depressing.

Expect to see whole brigades of Chelsea Tanks tearing around the coutryside, unloading cart-loads of Barbour-clad twits bearing Gary Rhodes "foraging for fools" airport bestseller, grabbing huge amounts of natures finest just to impress their dispicable friends at their painfully trendy rustic soarays in their overpriced Islington lofts. Someone get me a sick-bag I think I'm going to Chuck!
Calm down mate and be serious, they are not going to get out of their "tanks", they might get their shoes dirty. Its cool to talk about it, thats all. We are safe in our mud, me thinks...........

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Jon Pickett said:
Calm down mate and be serious, they are not going to get out of their "tanks", they might get their shoes dirty. Its cool to talk about it, thats all. We are safe in our mud, me thinks...........

What Jon said :approve: Gucci and Jimmy choos have nae grip :rolleyes:
I actually saw someone wearing Hunter's wellies though refusing to walk over a field, complaining that they'd never get them clean :eek: eejit, even HM the Q walks in the mud when needs be :cool:

Cheers,
Toddy

drstrange

Forager
Jul 9, 2006
London
Toddy said:
What Jon said :approve: Gucci and Jimmy choos have nae grip :rolleyes:
I actually saw someone wearing Hunter's wellies though refusing to walk over a field, complaining that they'd never get them clean :eek: eejit, even HM the Q walks in the mud when needs be :cool:

Cheers,
Toddy

Ok, thanks guys, I'm a bit calmer now, but that was a close one, I almost decended into rant hell, the thought of bumping into the Prada Posse whilst out and about sent shivers down my spine.
I'm sure Gary Rhodes (apparently, according to his PR folks Gary was Britain's first 'Punk Chef',eerrrrwhat????!!!!!) will bring out a foraging book tho. I'm not going to dig the other guy out tho (Pukka), because he's slightly more believable (I wonder if he was Britain's first 'Chav Chef'???).
Nope. The trendy cool can stick to trying a million ways to make quorn taste like something other than quorn (nothing basically) for all I care, as long as they stay out of my way yaaarrrr.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
drstrange said:
Ok, thanks guys, I'm a bit calmer now, but that was a close one, I almost decended into rant hell, the thought of bumping into the Prada Posse whilst out and about sent shivers down my spine.
I'm sure Gary Rhodes (apparently, according to his PR folks Gary was Britain's first 'Punk Chef',eerrrrwhat????!!!!!) will bring out a foraging book tho. I'm not going to dig the other guy out tho (Pukka), because he's slightly more believable (I wonder if he was Britain's first 'Chav Chef'???).
Nope. The trendy cool can stick to trying a million ways to make quorn taste like something other than quorn (nothing basically) for all I care, as long as they stay out of my way yaaarrrr.
I wouldn't be surprised if one of those TV chefs brought out a forraging book, it does seem to be all the talk at the mo............

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
It's already been done, kind of. Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall has been doing foraging and whatnot for years. And isn't Ray's new programme going to be about natural food in the UK?

Let's make proper use of nature's harvests, although please leave enough blackberries and sloes for me!

drstrange

Forager
Jul 9, 2006
London
There was a thread about mushrooms somewhere else on the forum about commercial scale foraging by trendy food companies employing minimum wagers to pick the land bare for them.

I didn't like it at all.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
. I bet there's plenty of deer and others that would love to see bushcrafters stay out of their home too...

what? suburbia? Cos thats where the deer (and everyting else including the Big Cats) live round here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE