Fashionable bushcraft?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I have less problems with the "fashionable Buchcrafters" than the people who would curtail their freedom to what they are allowed to do just because it makes them seem less different from the herd.

drstrange

Forager
Jul 9, 2006
London
demographic said:
I have less problems with the "fashionable Buchcrafters" than the people who would curtail their freedom to what they are allowed to do just because it makes them seem less different from the herd.

Sorry demographic, I don't fully understand you there. Could you clarify that for a tired old fart like me.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
drstrange said:
Sorry demographic, I don't fully understand you there. Could you clarify that for a tired old fart like me.

Just seems to me theres quite a lot of whinging going on about people wanting to get out of their homes.

The countryside is there for everyone and I still fail to see the problems as long as this "fashion" teaches people a thing or two.
Yes it's inevitable that there wil be a few numpties amongst them but thats life isn't it. :)

So what if it's a fashion? Hell I bet half of us already on here only found the site because they hit Google with *Raymond Mears Bushcraft* so whats the difference between us and them?

drstrange

Forager
Jul 9, 2006
London
demographic said:
Just seems to me theres quite a lot of whinging going on about people wanting to get out of their homes.

The countryside is there for everyone and I still fail to see the problems as long as this "fashion" teaches people a thing or two.
Yes it's inevitable that there wil be a few numpties amongst them but thats life isn't it. :)

So what if it's a fashion? Hell I bet half of us already on here only found the site because they hit Google with *Raymond Mears Bushcraft* so whats the difference between us and them?

I agree, look at post #17 on this thread.

But that doesn't mean I like fashion, which, in my opinion, sucks.
And I don't like the Idea of the Sloanies grabbing all the Sloes.
Hippies are great tho (they are now!)

I must admit I have enjoyed ranting on this thread, it's self indulgent, but it does feel nice now and again, it sure beats kicking the cat (I wouldn't anyway RSPCA).

No-one is realy that bothered about fashionable bushcraft, but the thread is a kind of fun one, so people feel that they can let off a bit of steam on it I think.

Please define a 'numptie' so that I can update my slang vocab.

garbo

Tenderfoot
Jul 16, 2006
uk
[

Let's make proper use of nature's harvests, although please leave enough blackberries and sloes for me![/QUOTE]

you can have all the sloe's for me and elderberries rose hips too nothing worth eating there

drstrange

Forager
Jul 9, 2006
London
garbo said:
[

Let's make proper use of nature's harvests, although please leave enough blackberries and sloes for me!

There won't be any left if Tarquin Hurley* and Jemima DeFurlow* from The Online Organic Emporium* get their minimum wage slaves to clear the land of goodies for them in a cynical act of corporate greed disguised as "fully-ethical" and "eco-friendly" and launched off the back of money that Daddy made by heartlessly and aggressivley plundering the third world, often employing the use of local 'experts' to lobby for compliance (torture gangs, death squads and military coups).

Wow I am angry, I suprise myself sometimes.

*the names have been changed to protect the guilty

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE