Farewell chaps,

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
nope you become an ex member and have it all reset by admin so you can't

also supposition or anything else is a waste of time as harvestman says

i also believe that southey was just saying goodbye and bowing out as it felt like the right time, hardly drama queen or attention seeking in my opinion

My suggestion would be to lock the thread - if he aint coming back, he aint reading this and the thread has served its purpose.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Then why the grand statement?

If your interested enough in a subject to be a active participant for 6 years and 11,000 posts then that interest doesn't just stop.

So it's a pretty safe bet that your going to want to come here again to read a post or search for a article you remembered.
Chances are that even if your not interested in the subject right now, sometime in the future your interest might ***** again.

So the grand statement in cases like this just screams to me ASW who cares more about trying to make a statement than loosing interest.

Don't get me wrong, there are a couple of folks on here that sometimes drive me crazy, but they also offer good opinions sometimes with well backed experience, so stomping off in a huff declaring "i'll NEVER ever ever ever come back" often comes off as just a bit desperate and attention seeking to me.

Bit like a kid that refuses to eat their lunch because they didn't get the gift they wanted.

Not saying that's the case here, as i don't know the op or the situation and have no real interest enough to search to see there has been a argument.
In general though these type of farewell threads just seem a bit attention seeking to me.

Saying goodbye actually can tie/tidy things up well for both the person leaving and the persons staying which leaves everyone's head clearer for what is coming next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE