Farewell chaps,

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Its a shame that such a well respected member of a community feels that it is time to take down his tarp and leave the campfire, myself I have not met Southey, but found him to be a very knowledgeable guy, as well as helpful, people like this are always missed.

Good luck mate in your new camp or wherever you may rehang your tarp, hope we met some day, and thank you for what you have brought to BCUK.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
What on earth is going on? :confused:

From their latest threads I'd say they had come to the conclusion that a good many folk on here talk about bushcraft more than they actually do it & I think it saddened them that we spend more time in front of our screens jabbering on about kit & all the things we'd like to do rather than being out & about enjoyng ourselves............................................am I right southey ? :D

Au revoir matey,..............chocks away !!!

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
From their latest threads I'd say they had come to the conclusion that a good many folk on here talk about bushcraft more than they actually do it & I think it saddened them that we spend more time in front of our screens jabbering on about kit & all the things we'd like to do rather than being out & about enjoyng ourselves............................................am I right southey ? :D

Au revoir matey,..............chocks away !!!

No.

Cheers guys, I won't answer any pm's from now on, please refer to op for contact details, cheerio. :)

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London

It would be even sadder if longstanding and respected members of the forum were leaving for this reason. I'm sure we all get out when we can, but reality has a funny way of putting obstacles in our paths. Sorry to see you go Southey, but I'm glad it's not for the above reason.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
It would be even sadder if longstanding and respected members of the forum were leaving for this reason.

Did you see Raikey's last thread & have you read his last posts ?.....................exasperated is putting it mildly.I think he was fed up to the gills with insignificant small talk........interesting threads sometimes have the habit of going 'off road ' & ending up, well,..how can I put it politely ,....nowhere !.......after all, does it really matter if digestive biscuits are better on the Zambizee ferry rather than at a certain Lyme regis tea room................................

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Did you see Raikey's last thread & have you read his last posts ?.....................exasperated is putting it mildly.I think he was fed up to the gills with insignificant small talk........interesting threads sometimes have the habit of going 'off road ' & ending up, well,..how can I put it politely ,....nowhere !.......after all, does it really matter if digestive biscuits are better on the Zambizee ferry rather than at a certain Lyme regis tea room................................

I have to admit that I had'nt seen his posts and did not know he had left the forum, untill an hour ago. There are many good threads and posts on the forum, most are about bushcraft related topics, and some are just for laughs. This is what makes this forum so attractive to me personly.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Agree with that. Don't like a thread, don't read it!

Besides (although I must admit to not following that particular thread) what's more important to a bushcrafter than his choice of biccie with his cuppa? :)

woodpoet

Mar 16, 2012
Walthamstow
Hi Southey. Didn't know you personally but your input on the forum was worth reading. You will be missed. Hope all goes well with you for future.

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
Sad to hear it sound so permanent rather than just having a breather:( fingers crossed they'l be back but in the meantime.....

Good luck Southey and Raikey !

:beerchug::camping:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE