Fancy pictorial equipment list for beginners

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brown Bear

Forager
May 12, 2009
Cambridge
I've introduced a few friends to wild camping/bushcraft and have always been asked 'what should I bring?'. I've finally got round to putting a comprehansive kit list together, and to make it more interesting it's in pictorial form. It's a 3.5Mb PDF document with all of my ideal equipment laid out in categories with high quality pictures and brief descriptions.

I would like to share it with you all, but don't know if I can post a PDF here by some means? I could email it to a moderator for review perhaps?

Morning Fox

Forager
Sep 30, 2008
Reigate
You could get an email chain going on. Email it to Asa Samuel, he can email it to me, I'll forward it to the next person who posts. Would be cool to have a look :)

Well done, looks like it took you a bit of time. Looks like a Dorling Kindersley book with all those cut outs on white.
I'm sure they'll be endless comments about which bits of kit to include, and what makes etc. But hey it's a personal guide after all.
Not sure, but I think that its possible to make objects (I.E. pics) in a PDF into clickable links. Could be really cool to say click on the tent and it takes you to the manufacturers site, or a review site. Not sure how you do that though, not a wiz with Acrobat.
I started trying make a simple spread sheet checklist that would try to cover almost every kind of trip. But didn't get that far, not that good with Excel either!

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Here we go. I've posted it at Google Docs. You should be able to view it at this link:

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=...jYtZGVhOS00YmQ4LTk4MWItMDNmY2QyMzc1MzM0&hl=en

It's a collection of kit I use and some I would like to use if I had the spare wonga. Enjoy.....

Nice document but you should be careful about using other peoples copyrighted material.

Some people are not as forgiving as I am. :cool:

http://www.ravenlore.co.uk/html/water.html

Nice list by the way, I can see you have put some hard work into it.

Brown Bear

Forager
May 12, 2009
Cambridge
I just had a read up on internet image copyright law on google. It's a complex minefield and I don't need the hassle. So to cover my bottom, I've taken my document off the share site, printed it, shredded it, sprinkled it with maya dust and used it to start a large bonfire.

Thanks for the heads up on copyright.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Apologies. I was trying to use manufacturers promotional images, but that one slipped straight in from google images. Be glad to remove it if you like.

I would certainly give you permission to use my image, as it is not for commercial gain, and most manufacturers would have little problem if you included a link or contact, but the problem is that you can never be sure.

I just had a read up on internet image copyright law on google. It's a complex minefield and I don't need the hassle. So to cover my bottom, I've taken my document off the share site, printed it, shredded it, sprinkled it with maya dust and used it to start a large bonfire.

Thanks for the heads up on copyright.

That is a shame because I though it was a good piece of work but as you say it is a real minefield and sometimes these things can blow up in your face.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE