Extended Giant Seat Meet In September

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Hey fella

What are your questions? Best to put them on here rather than PM as other may have the same questions as Gary says.

and we would love you to come to the meet,as far a group cooking goes we usually end up making our own but usually too much so end up sharing it round the fire lol

Dave

charliefoxtrot

Sep 9, 2011
North Lancs, UK.
Well the rains kept me in this arvo so here's a few q's. How far is the walk-in, as well as personal kit on my back, I'll bring a canvas tarp and other cooking kit/extra food/water if access from my van is feasible. Re. the fire, what's the crack with wood ? I often bring extra wood 'just in case' when going to unknown camps but again only if near the van. I can bring a chainsaw if needed (have the ticket). Oh yeah I take it we don't share a latrine so will make my own plans ? :)

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Hi chaps

in answer to Cahrlifoxtrot's questions:

* there is a carpark on the site that is about 100 yards fro the woods, however the woods are pretty big and as such the walk can vary. We normally set up quite close to the carpark so not far to take kit etc.

*Wood - there is plenty on dead standing wood about, most can be collected as deadfall. The offer of the chainsaw is nice but without organising with the camp as to which trees can go and which should stay etc. we can't really take anything unless its dangerous to leave it. however if you want to bring your own supply noone will argue lol

*Toilets - there is a toilet block onsite that offers urinals and 5 flushing loo's (also power showers!!) so latrines wont be needed.

Hope this answers your questions

Any others let me know

Dave

kendalphil

Jan 16, 2011
kendal cumbria
hi dave .
will be back from holiday on the 28/9/-hope to attend for weekend be good to see you all again first visit from my friend merrygold
see you soon
thanks kendalphil.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
just turn up fella

Although anyone coming onto site needs to find me and announce themselves please.

If you can let me know how many nights you're staying and pay me at this point that would be great also as it saves me chasing people throughout the meet

Thanks

Dave

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Hey,

I noticed that on the rules for the July meet it says no ground fires. Does that still stand? Also, seeing as there are toilet facilities and the like, is there access to drinking water too?

Cheers

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Hi Merrygold

Yeah the rules for ground fires still stand, the ground is made up of compacted leaf mold. so all fires need to be off the ground, there are hearths dotted around the place though so these can be used also.

There is also drinking water on the site (tap on the side of the toilet block)

Thanks Dave

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I might be able to make this now the dates have changed PM me some details (never been) of where I'm going and I'll try to pop up

DaveBromley
Noodoo
Jim_aramis (tbc)
Cliv (28th to 30th)
Priam and sam
Wayland (Weekend TBC)
Mad Dave (28th - 30th)

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Right then, this is the list as far as I can make out. I would appreciate it if people could confirm if they are coming and if so for which nights, just so i can see what number are going to be like. oh and if you are bringing a guest please ad +1 or 2 or however many lol

Getting Really giddy about this now and look forward to seeing you all soon!

DaveBromley Entire Meet (+2 for the weekend)
Noodoo (+1) 28th-30th
Jim_aramis (tbc)
Cliv (28th to 30th)
Priam and sam
Wayland (Weekend TBC)
Mad Dave (28th - 30th)
MentalNurse 25-26th (TBC)
KendalPhil 28th-39th (TBC)
CharlieFoxtrot - (?)
Phaestos - 27th-30th (TBC
The Green Knight - Entire meeet
The Ratcatcher +2 28th-30th
Crystel - 28th-30th

Dave

Last edited:

Chrisf

Aug 24, 2012
South yorkshire
Hello Dave

I will be there for my first meet on the Saturday and Sunday. Sorry for late notice. Look forward to meeting people.

Regards Chris F

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
No Problem Chris i look forward to seeing you there matey, hopefully the first of many!

DaveBromley Entire Meet (+2 for the weekend)
Noodoo (+1) 28th-30th
Jim_aramis (tbc)
Cliv (28th to 30th)
Priam and sam
Wayland (Weekend TBC)
Mad Dave (28th - 30th)
MentalNurse 25-26th (TBC)
KendalPhil 28th-39th (TBC)
CharlieFoxtrot - (?)
Phaestos - 27th-30th (TBC
The Green Knight - Entire meeet
The Ratcatcher +2 28th-30th
Crystel - 28th-30th
Chrisf - 29th-30th

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE