Excellent new telescopic rod.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dan Wound

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2006
Bristol
Just had one of these turn up

MH800__00176_zoom.jpg

http://www.dragoncarpdirect.com/products/Matt-Hayes-Limited-Edition-8ft-Compact-Tele-Rod.html

I've had a couple telescopic rods before including a Shakespeare and the ever popular Shimano Exage (I broke this one), however straight away this little rod feels much better, a through and through action without any of the 'jointy' action you'd expect from a tele.

Matt Hayes doesn't lend his name to poor products and the build quality of the rod is very high, all the eyes are spot on, the ferrules sit in place very nicely and the reel seat and retaining rings are machined to perfection.

It also has a lovely balanced feel to it when paired with a smallish reel. Ok so there's no cork or neoprene on the handle but to be honest it really doesn't matter, cork or neoprene have never helped catch fish !! It doesn't say on the page but this folds down to 42.5cm, ideal for all rucksacks, it arrived in a cloth bag and inside a cut down rod tube.

It's limited edition and at £30 I can't see them hanging about for long. I'm not connected to this company but have used them several times and have been pretty happy with them (don't buy the bulk groundbait buckets, it's useless).

Hoping to get out this weekend, work dependent, to my local spot that has a good head of fish of all different species and therefore weights. I'll let you know how it gets on.

All the best - Dan.

troutman

Nomad
May 14, 2012
North East (UK)
I have to admit when I saw the words "telescopic" and "excellent" I did think is that possible? I will be intrigued to see how you get on with it, my experience of telescopic rods has been they are terrible and that a multi section rod will function much better. Let us know how it does! Surely with modern technology they can be getting better!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE