Escape & Evasion Survival Board

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
I think most people will contribute if they have something to say. To be labelled as a free loader because the person does not contribute as much as you think they should sounds a bit ridiculous.

If that’s the way you want to do it that’s up to you, but I think you will put off a lot of people that would enjoy the content and could contribute greatly to your forum.

I have to say the whole tone of your rules/terms and the comments you have made here are very unwelcoming.

I am telling you this because I feel you are shooting yourself in the foot. There will be people that read your site and not register that could have made great contributions. You are loosing out. Maybe you should reword things and explain it all a little better and you might get a better response.

Voivode

Forager
Oct 24, 2006
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
I'm with a number of other posters here. I can't see what you've got going on in there, so I can't make an informed decision whether I would want in. Post-catastrophe survivalism isn't really a new topic on the old internets; I can come up with at least 50 websites and 3 boards off the top of my bookmarks, ranging from the flag-waving commando survivalists discussing whether stocking up on .22 ammunition is a good bartering tactic after TEOTWAWKI through to discussions of crunchy granola community based solutions to food, power generation, schooling and the like.

The point is that, like others, my internet time is limited and I don't see anywhere on that board a good reason to jump through hoops. If the discussion is really millitary style E&E, the US goverment and others have put out a whole array of training manuals for their troops that are easy to come by in hard copy or digital. If it's general survival preparation, the list of websites post-Katrina have grown enormously along with the literature. I don't understand what you've got that is so valuable and rare that I don't already have access to.

Reactions: torjusg

Thrym

Forager
Dec 20, 2006
Bristol, England
Wow an elitist survival forum:)*im only joking*. lol why not just have a system where if you dont post in 3 months you get deleted or something

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Click on the scales on the top right hand side of the post in question. Select "approve" or "disapprove" and leave a comment mate

Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE