Re-handling a Mora - How I did it. (v. pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I was thinking flat as possible on that side after reading the process you went through but trying my best to protect the relief design on the blade side.

What is the black layer between? i must have missed that bit whilst reading and oggling the pics

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Thought you might pick up on that Robbi :)

I managed to get my hands on some leather, basic tools, thread and dye, just need to read up sufficiently on how to do it and then give it a try, not sue how it will turn out though!

paddy

I have two very good leather work books that you're more than welcome to borrow if you want, I also have a template for a basic sheath that might help.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I thought i'd read leather but my remaining brain cell working today threw it out

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
I was thinking flat as possible on that side after reading the process you went through but trying my best to protect the relief design on the blade side.

What is the black layer between? i must have missed that bit whilst reading and oggling the pics

That would look really unique, worth a try. The black layer is just a strip of thin black leather, i'll edit that into the post. It just ensures a slightly stronger fit between the wood and the brass.

paddy

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Cheers i'll be getting stuck in once i gather the bits

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE