emergency survival kit....what do you keep yours in ?

• Thread starter captain-caveman
  • Start date
C

captain-caveman

so what tins/bags/contaners do you all keep your emergency survival kit's in ?
any other things you think people miss out of their survival kit's

cheers
Daz

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
i give up on the traditional survival tin in favour of just a few EDC item such as SAK, Firesteel, whistle, waterproof match box etc
if i was in another country other than UK i may gather together a tin again but in this country its not very necessary. I tend to class my BOB or gear bag more as a survival bag for when the excrement hits the fan...

C

captain-caveman

EDC ? SAK ? BOB? .......in new to these terms,sorry

Daz

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
EDC = Every day carry... a knife or items you carry all the time
SAK = Swiss Army Knife
BOB = Bug Out Bag... a bag full of essential items you grab when the brown smelly hits the fan

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
I dont have a edc because if i go to the beach or supermarket i dont want a knife ect with me.. but everytime i go to the woods or go for a walk i have my knife, lighter and ferro rod :)
I dont carry a survival kit but i have one made up in the draw from wilcos :D

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Don't need one in the UK, waste of space, just carry a mobile, credit card and some cash.

seriously grumpy let him play if he wants

personally I binned the tin approach years ago - I carry a SAK, torch and lighter as well as the items rik mentioned

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Pretty much as Rik said really - you don't need one in the UK.

You have to put yourself in that kind of situation for it to become useful, - and chances are that you would (should) be carrying appropriate kit for that kind of thing anyway.

Phone, wallet, keys are always on my person. = job done.

Andy

swissgearlabs

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2011
Switzerland
www.youtube.com
also got rid of my tin. instead I have some kind of possibles pouch with stuff I often use when out in nature/mountains (am living in the Swiss alps). My trips are often in the mountains where the weather can turn nasty quickly, so there is somewhat of an emergency aspect covered. But mainly it is gear that I use often, or gear that I REALLY wished I had with me at some point in the past.

The pouch and its content allows me to:
- make fire (mainly to grill my mandatory sausage when out...)
- fix my gear/clothes
- stow away my ID/Phone/Money
- light my way in the dark (if you leave early, come back late, in mountain huts that have no electricity)
- signal
- find north direction

Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piHVAkkSaNY

The pouch system is designed so you can carry it with a backpack hipbelt and/or Winterjacket (there is another thread on this topic in this forum)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE