Electronic Mosquito Repeller

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

daved

Forager
Aug 1, 2005
London
Not personally, but my brother had something similar when he was living in Africa. He came back with Malaria so I guess they aren't that effective!

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
No, me neither, but I would like to know if anyone has tried one. But I did see the SOG Revolver on there at $60 which seems like a steel.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Hi

Not used this one but I have used a MoziBan. It is the same idea and works to an extent. It certainly reduces the amount of bites but does not deter all. If you are battling scottish midgies it is helpful to increase the effectivness of the cream you are using.

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
By brother showed me a little downloaded application on his mobile phone which apparently makes it produce a high pitched noise, above the range of human hearing, that drives them away. Might send any dogs in the area a bit loopy though, and I have no idea whether it actually works...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I bought one of these gadegets but I find the high pitched whine drives me nuts. My husband on the other hand doesn't hear it all. It didn't seem to have much effect on the midgies in Wester Ross :( He still came home well bitten. Don't know about hte effect on mosquitos.
Cheers,
Toddy

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
It seems we have a new weapon in the Mozzie fighting arsenal. I read this on the train last night on the way home from the pub and thought I must have dreamt it, but it seems to be true.

I see a group buy coming up!!! Ding-dong, Avon calling :D

Martin

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
I’m too butch for that – yeah right! I’d dance around in a tutu if I could stop the little (*%* biting me, I’m hypersensitive to them.

I’d heard about another Avon product that was supposed to help a lot but it wasn’t this. Also those Midge killers are supposed to be great. They tested one in Trail I think, they were about £3K but rendered an entire camp site free from midges – seems like a deal.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Avon skin so soft spray on moisturiser/body lotion......my husband swears by it as a midege deterrent, as do most of the Scottish hillwalkers & climbers I know....and I can't stand the smell :(
Cheers,
Toddy

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
I have used a cheap electric buzzer thing and it seemed to work ok, but I dont usually have much of a problem.
Apparently the avon stuff is half price at the moment and the missus reccomends it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE