Early Pattern Wilkinson Sword Survival Knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The realy funny thing is all the photos of the Wilky "Survival" knife in use are (as I recall) faked!
The alloy nut that holds the handle in place stripped itself (as I recall) when a ham fisted and strong reviewer (not me) over tightened it....the handle could not be fixed back on securely (as I recall) and the team rated the knife at a big fat "null points"! (as I recall)
Gawd was that fat handle uncomfortable as well!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I never bought C&S as a magazine - I bought this book, and it's companion volume "Combat" from a discount book shop many years ago. I've since got the impression that the books were in fact a collection of articles from C&S magazine!

IIRC the page that picture was on was between 2 sections titled "choosing your survival knife" and "using your survival knife" .. funny that :confused:

The section on "using your survival knife" featured the WS Survival knife pretty exclusively, and the photos of gralloching a deer contained someone dressed in DPM, with trainers :rolleyes:, and the obligatory square of black gaffa tape over his eyes, who looked rather like a young Ray Mears :cool:

Yup - that is he.
As to my reviews...
Look for a blue balaclava......I only wrote a couple of reviews for this title :)

S

shabam

hi ime a new user and dont realy know what ime doing,, i would like a lil info about a knife i aquired a while ago,, its a wilkinson sword type d, survival knife, it has a reg no on it,, 1b/4594 and either the bold arrow head or crow foot, ive done a lil research and found out its a airforce issue, from the 50s, the earlier issue. how much do they sell for ? and where could i sell it , thanks, shabam

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
hi ime a new user and dont realy know what ime doing,, i would like a lil info about a knife i aquired a while ago,, its a wilkinson sword type d, survival knife, it has a reg no on it,, 1b/4594 and either the bold arrow head or crow foot, ive done a lil research and found out its a airforce issue, from the 50s, the earlier issue. how much do they sell for ? and where could i sell it , thanks, shabam

Probably worth around £60 although you might get more depending on condition and intrest. You can sell it here but you need to be a full member alternatively you can swap it where you dont need to be a full member. I think you can also sell knives in the 'Bushcraft and Survival Skills' magazine.

Its worth putting up a photo if you want to swop it so people can see what they are getting. Welcome to the forum.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE