Finger guard

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 9, 2022
Wr143hp
Hi all. Its probably been asked a million times but does any one know where I can get a reproduction finger gaurd for my wilkinson sword dartmoor knife please? TiA

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
I had to have one made in a local engineering shop as I couldn't fin one anywhere . If I remember I managed to find some dimensions online , then mocked one up out of plasticine which a friend of a friend machined up for me .

Did you buy one of the blanks by any chance ?

Last edited:

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
09adef6e0615a09ea60ab4d250515aa2.jpg

Here is the one I had made up ......
Edge work completed by @FGYT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: TeeDee

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Hi thanks for your help, yes I brought one of the budget sets. Has everthing else with it!
Try making one. whenever I have made a prototype, I make it all from a bit of soft wood such as lime, you can then see what works.

and then get a bit of aluminium, borrow a some metal files and drill to make one up to your specs.....takes time, but very enjoyable thing to do.

I have a few knife projects that have been lined up for a short while, looking forward to doing them.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
It was possible to buy a finger guard a few years back, whether they are still available it may well be, here is a site that once sold them, watch out for breaches of security on this site, so proceed with caution.

Jan 9, 2022
Wr143hp
Try making one. whenever I have made a prototype, I make it all from a bit of soft wood such as lime, you can then see what works.

and then get a bit of aluminium, borrow a some metal files and drill to make one up to your specs.....takes time, but very enjoyable thing to do.

I have a few knife projects that have been lined up for a short while, looking forward to doing them.
Hi thanks for getting back to me, I don't think I have the time or patience to even atempt making one myself!
But if you fancy making a spare one and would sell it on that would be great!
Maybe a little sideline for you!
Im sure there are many people wanting them!!
Cheers W

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE