Dutch Bushcraft meeting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rommol

Jun 17, 2007
Leeuwarden,Friesland
i will be there in the morning,friday,and kick the musquitos out of the barn and clean the place up a little,i only need a hand in the afternoon to push the walls back in place .
tools and wood is there,just some strong hands wanted.

let's pray for some sunshine!
Mol

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
ddokkum wow! congratulations! too bad you can't make it, but your reason why is one of the greatest! good luck :)

So. I'm back from a few weeks sweden. haven't had the chance to do much emailing there so I'm not realy up to date about the comming weekend. I hope to be able to lend a car from someone so I can drive there myself. I will know this by tonight and I'll let you guys know this asap so I can pick up anyone coming from the south. I know it's fairly short notice and I appologise for that. I will be driving from eindhoven, or otherwise go by train from eindhoven. Guido, you can join me by car or train if you want. I will go on friday, prefarable before 15oo hours. If I go by car i'll probably load everything up I got. unless there is space needed for other peoples equipment. If you need a ride, please let me know. email me or call me ( 0628150631) See you all soon I hope :)

Greetings, Goof

rommol

Jun 17, 2007
Leeuwarden,Friesland
yeah,yeah......
the weather is unreliable for the weekend,but....we will have fun anyway...
dokkum,have fun with your newborn,congratulations!
The other bushys,...hop on the train,car,bike and let's see what we can learn in Friesland
the waddensea is an interesting place to see.
see you guys later!
Mol
\

rommol

Jun 17, 2007
Leeuwarden,Friesland
Don't forget your mobile and my telephone number (06-44638457) if you need directions on your trip to the FAR NORTH,,,,in Friesland.
see you guys tomorrow -or saturday...

Mol

rommol

Jun 17, 2007
Leeuwarden,Friesland
well.....i did survive the dutch bushcraft weekend in Friesland....

nice to meet all the dutchies in person,learned a lot about them.
Techno Tjin,the chinese gadgetfreak,if you want to know what's for sale,...talk to him ,the answer wil be in technical numbers and codes.do'nt try to understand,just let him get you to the right shop for your tools.
Siep.the ultimate library man,has a lot of books and a box full of gadgets to learn from,knows a lot already.
Goof,now he knows how to make a knot that doesn't breaks at night,so you won't fall out of bed , made his wooden spoon (that doesn't melt in a hot cup of soup)and a handsaw for the weekend,he will get there...
Arjen,has his stuff wel organised,has to look out for sharp objects and stinging bushes,a good cook,liked his fish and potatoes,mmmm
Johan,the bigmouth that doesn't stop till you get him so ****** that he can only hold his beer and fall asleep ,still hangingh on to his beer when you try to get it....my kinda guy,my kinda humor,nice to meet and someone that knows how to survive -if nessasary a full nuke blast,he will survive with his homemade tools,not a man to die at the first impact
They all burned away every possible piece of material that was around,including my old piano, talked a lot and drunk some more,so...we had fun at this intro weekend .
next time we can do some more bushcraft practising,now we know who is who...
It was fun having these guys around,let's meet again,

Rommol

Aug 15, 2007
Hi to everyone,

I had a great weekend. That feeling of sitting around a campfire, sharing experiences, knowledge or whatever we please is very relaxing and tempting.

Thank you all for being there and making this possible.

Arjan

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
Bugger, I just found out that you guys were having a BC weekend.....when I was at the Lowlands festival. (Jurjen, my brother, called me) And I even live in Leeuwarden - sigh.....

Reading the little report makes me think that there might be a follow-up to this, so I'll keep a close eye at the forum ;-).

Regards,

Thijs

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
I want to thanks everyone for the nice weekend. Rob, thanks for the hospitality and the gezelligheid. thanks everyone. I hope to see you guys on a next weekend. maybe we could have a more active weekend now that everyone nows eachother. and for everyone who wasnt able to make it, see you next time.

Cheers!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE