Dutch Bushcraft meeting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bruce Letto

Aug 20, 2007
The Netherlands
Just registered today and found out that I missed the gathering.......... To bad!!

I will keep a close eye on the topic, if there will be a follow-up. Then I will be there for sure!!

"It's the journey that's important,
Not the getting there!"

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
thanx rommol for letting us on the property.

And honestly i'm not really a gadget guy, i just like to know what i'm using. So i know what i can and can't do. Thats mine excuses anyways...
see you guys the next time!

Certainly an event to be repeated, regardless of location.

We had a great location though and since we need to help Mol to get rid of the shed we can ask him again ;-)

Pic's and Movies...eehmmm not sure if this is wise ROTFL.

Anyway, iirc Ajran was the in-house photographer/cameraman... he might be persuaded...

Thanks to all of you, wether you could make it or not! Cu next time...

Grtz Johan

Porcupine

Forager
Aug 24, 2005
Leek,The Netherlands
in short, thanks all :)

i had a lot of fun and realy enjoyed meeting the people behind the forumtags,also it was great to have an oportunity to ask why you use (or don't use) certain gear.

all of us have our own set of skills and it was great fun to learn new things.
i can now do onehanded knots (thanks PC2K)
know how to light a piano with a firesteel (thanks Rommol)
have gotten a taste of fish and potatoes from the fire (thanks Arjan)
got some sound advice about footwear (thanks Geuf)
learned to recognize the rare dutch zebra-striped bushcrafter (thanks Johan)

also thanks Jos for the tasty tomatosoup :)

see you all next time

Aug 15, 2007
Well, I made some photo's of our "bedrooms" for the weekend, so some pictures of tarps/hammocks and one photo at the campfire, which shows Johan's approach of "How can I keep the fire burning without having to change position".

And of course a small video of the campfire in the dark and some videoshots of the "bedrooms" , but I want to keep that video a personal homevideo instead of public video.

So to everyone that joined the weekend, if you want that video, just mail me and for all the others that weren't there: Hope you come in next time.

Arjan

Sigurd and me have "visited" on the last day. We've had a good two hours drive to get there, meet up for a short chat around the fireplace and a cup of tea. It was fun to see the leftovers from the piano. :)
Unfortunately we could only visit and only for a short time but it was worth it, and the 4 hours driving where spent in active contemplation of all sorts of bushcraft thoughts. Our day ended in my backjard in Zeewolde where Sigurd showed me how to use the firebow... We eventually succeeded by doing it together which was a good experience. My wife also got into burning stuf with a magnifying glas, why sweat if the sun can do it for you!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome in Friesland, and Geuf; well done on starting this up!

Aug 15, 2007
It would be nice for the next meeting to make some photo's and video's on request: making bushcraft tools, making fire, sleeping systems etcetera. To be able to do this, it's wise to make arrangements for workshop materials.

I would be happy to make photo's and video's next time.
I loved the exposition of materials on our first meeting. Siep with his copper pipe and some cotton to make burning material in combination with his "vuurslag" (steel, stone and sparkles). Goof with his self-made saw and spoon, Johan with his incredible collection of home-made bushcraft equipment, cheap and effective.

To share all this knowledge and experiences is what really attracts me on these bushcraft meetings. Goof, thank you for setting the first step and I hope we can all keep this bushcraft fire burning for a long time in Dutchieland.

Arjan

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Jurjen,

I always am. I will however be making a 10 day trekking in Schotland late Oktober, early November and may I point out that there will be a Bushcraftweekend being held at the 10th and 11th of November. I'm defenately in for a new bushcraftweekend. Let me know if you have any questions.

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
i'm always in for a weekend bushcrafting, count me in.

the price of the flashlight; well the one i offered for free was 3 euro's something, the one i sold was about 14 something.

Hey Geof, nice going on the trekking through Schotland, have fun! Whats happening on that date you mentioned? Is there any more info on it like location whats will be done? 10th And 11th sound fine to me.

PC2K, thanks for the info on the lights, Ill pm you with a question :)

by the way, how do I add smilies to my posts? Can anyone tell me?

Of course I am interested! Just wanna know where and when... I'll be busy with diving stuff until at least 23rd of sept so I might respond a bit slow!

Arjani: I send you a PM, did you get it (about pics and video of the weekend on DVD...)

Mol... I seem to have lost your last message... now looking wether it was PM or on the list ;-)

Looking forward to a next meet&greet....

Grtz Johan

Galemys

Settler
Dec 13, 2004
Zaandam, the Netherlands
Who of the Dutchies will be there next weekend?

Geuf and DDokkum at least for their workshops, PC2K maybe, Anyone else?
I´ll be there with some fire piston stuff and bamboo for the fire saw (and rattan for the fire thong although it always breaks before the smoke turns to a smouldering coal)

Cheers,

Tom

ddokkum

Forager
Feb 16, 2007
The Netherlands
I will give the thong another change if you bring it with you again.
Maybe we can try some other materials instead of the rattan.

Who of the Dutchies will be there next weekend?

Geuf and DDokkum at least for their workshops, PC2K maybe, Anyone else?
I´ll be there with some fire piston stuff and bamboo for the fire saw (and rattan for the fire thong although it always breaks before the smoke turns to a smouldering coal)

Cheers,

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE