"Duncan Dares" Survival Video..... Enjoy!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Tadpole said:
I’m sorry I have to ask, why would you want to? If you can make a fire and a pot to boil some water in, even if it’s just a hollow in a rock or tree, anything that you can drop a fire heated stone into. Why does eating bugs raw make him superior to anyone else?

Cmon I didnt say that he was superior - I just said that i think he's credible, despite the fact that he has a camera crew with him. There are a few holes in the program ie the first time that he jumped off the cliff into the river, the next shot hes dry with no explanation, then later he floats down the river and then a big explanation of how he dries himself off. I think that we may be exploring the boundries of survival v bushcraft, i think that what he is showing is survival rather than bushcraft. I dont want to start that whole conversation off again. But i anyway didnt realise that worms are 80% protein and there are many bushcraft examples of eating raw bugs etc as normal fare (austrailia & indonesian indigenes).not to mention the fact that sushi & sashimi are actually among my favorite foods.

kb31

Forager
Jun 24, 2006
by the lakes
Zodiak said:
You mean this one?
0312093594.jpg

I havn't got it but I assumed it was the same as this
Outdoor%5Fhandbook%2Ejpg

are they differrent ? :confused: If they are the same then they have just been reprinted and you can get a signed copy from www.raymears.com for £12.99 + P&P...

Hang on that makes my signed copy from many years ago worth a lot less then :cussing:
sorry it took so long to get back you sorry it's the book before that printed in 89/90 ISBN NO-094660988 8- oxford press they swaped the knife bit to big up his own AW knife i think in my book it says under the wilke "wilkinson sword survival knife designed by the author to combine a woodman's knife with the needs of an expeditioner" i sold one on e bay well used-£420 i seen a new one that was going on for £600 bit a go now lol hope this helps ...karl (i used mine for choping n spliting still used a sak for fine work tends to jack of all but dos it badly)
s

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
ludlowsurvivors said:
Hi Clem,

I did go around to see Lofty and he was going to find me a copy, haven't heard from him yet, might pop round and see if he found it yet.

LS
;) let us know how you get on matey!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Hi all, just sifting through sixteen pages of new posts!! Lofty is definitely king!! In fact, his son is in the Royal Engineers and I was in the same squadron as him a few years ago. I was a bit amazed that he didn't have the passion for survival that his dad has!

This DVD of his Survival Team series would be fantastic, it really was a great show. Keep us updated please!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I must of missed a few posts here, not sure how that happened, but with regards to eating worms: I was told by a semi reliable source (my dad!) that the infamous worm omelette was a joke to disgust the camera crew and it seems to have stuck in everyones' mind. I forget the Royal Marines name who actually ate the omelette, but my dad knew him and said it was one of the funniest and vile things he ever saw!!

Apparently, the correct way to eat earthworms is to place them on a hot stone by the fire. The heat makes them pass out the earth and then they shrivel up and dry, like worms that drown in a puddle on the pavement. A few days later you see the puddle has gone and a dried up worm is all that is left! You then take the worm and crumble it into your food like an OXO cube. Apparently!!

Again, if the Survuival Team video thingy happens, please give me a shout, I also loved the bit when they spend a whole day looking for the daft lad and the older guy with the beard kicks off!!! :You_Rock_ Beardy bloke!!

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
kb31 said:
ive checked the survival team tape it still plays!! i would be willing to give it up for the good of bushcraft could any one copy it-put on a dvd for us??f

spamel said:
gain, if the Survuival Team video thingy happens, please give me a shout

I contacted kb31 regarding myself transfering the said tape onto a DVD for him, but he has not got back to me on the matter, so until he does then it is still up in the air...

David Moulds

May 3, 2005
Belfast N.Ireland
[

survival was the pilot. Im looking forward to seeing them. I like the bloke He has a series of 12 programmes coming out for Discovery and extreme personally.[/QUOTE]
do you know when they are starting because i dont want to miss one programme.

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Any one else remember Eddie McGee?

He did a short series of programs with a bunch of kids called "Staying Alive With Eddie McGee". I seem to recall he ran a Survival School up in Pately Bridge in North Yourkshire. I've still got his book but it would be great if the shows were available.

It was some time ago, probably before video. :)

He gained some fame back then for tracking down killer Barry Prudom in Dalby Forest near scarborough. The last I heard of him was a few years back when he was still teaching tracking skills to the Police.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE