Drews Parents at the moot August 10th.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
For those of you that couldn't make Drews Funeral, his brother Steven and sister Stacey will be coming to the moot with Tony & Shells blessing to spend a weekend with us to experience Drews passion and his love of bushcraft and the people who became a big part of his life. I just got the following email from Jean, his mum saying they will be coming on August 10th for the day to meet people and see Drews tree planted. Cap'n Badger has managed to procure a nice Cypress to plant so we can dig the hole and Drews family can help with the planting. A memorial stone is also being sorted by Eric Methven as well. Here is what Jean Wrote....

Hi Dave

Just to let you know that we have booked a caravan site on above dates so that we can come to Bush moot for the day on 10 August. Steven and Stacey will make their own arrangements with you for the same dates but they are going to be a little more adventurous I think. I hope to bring an apple crumble with me as I remember Andrew saying that he always said I made the best apple crumble and Jules made the best rice pudding.

I hope you and Jules are well. We are keeping busy and friends are being good helping us to keep busy.

We are looking forward to seeing you and all Andrew's other friends on August 10th and I might need to ask you to sing the engineers song in place of Andrew - don't worry if it is rude I can handle it!!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm assuming that's the engineers song involving steam and a big wheel that goes round and round???

Braver man than me!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I know... it's one thing singing it with a few grizzly bushcrafters, but Drews mum... errrrr

Can't the song be sanitised a bit?? Swap a few words here and there? :confused:

But then it wouldn't be the song that Drew so loved to hear being sung.

His mum has said she's not worried if it's rude so I'd say go for it Dave and give it your best performance :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I'd never heard of the Engineers Song before so I looked it up this morning. It's funny and if Drew's Mum is forewarned which it sounds like it is then go for it. It could be worse - -you could encore with the Ballad of Eskimo Nell!

Hope you enjoy doing it Dave, you'll be honouring Drew and bringing everyone a wee smile.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE