Drew

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
I will miss his poor spelling and grammar.

Goodbye Drew - I never met you but I'm so sorry the opportunity to live the rest of your life has been taken from you.

d-day66

Forager
Jan 21, 2011
consett, co durham
I am not entirely sure what has happened here, but I have just learned about the tragic death of Drew Dunn, who some of you will know and have shared many a campfire with him and his Ronnie sunshine kitchen kit.
I just hope you will join me in wishing his family our deepest sympathies from the bushcraftuk northeast!

RIP Drew dude!

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
RIP Drew will miss your tales around the fire, will toast you with good whiskey from my hip flask the next time i am sat around the fire at middlewood and wish you gods speed and you will always have a place around our camp fire.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

joejoe

On a new journey
Jan 18, 2007
washington
just could not get this out of my since iread it last night the only thing i can think is my mother was right when i lost my best friend at 11. only the GOOD get taking young

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Dave ,
Swmbo n I , would like to attend the passing over (funeral) if that's ok. with his family . Details as soon as possible would be appreciated if so ?

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Dave ,
Swmbo n I , would like to attend the passing over (funeral) if that's ok. with his family . Details as soon as possible would be appreciated if so ?

No worries at all. We'll give the lad a proper send off. As soon as details are known I'll get busy sending word.

Bluejay

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 20, 2007
Manchester
Such a sad loss for someone so young to be taken before his time, but also heartwarming the way this sad loss has united the entire Bushcraft community. Many hadn't met Drew or even knew him but still feel the loss of one of our international community. RIP Drew.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I've only just read this and I am truly stunned.

Drew drove me nuts at times but we had long talks on a number of occasions. When he stopped trying to be someone he wasn't and just let his true self show through I couldn't help but like him.

He loved bushcraft and he loved this community and his greatest wish was to gain the respect of so many of the people he came to know through this forum.

I think the posts in this thread speak volumes about that respect.

It is believed by many, that our spirits are never really gone until people stop talking or thinking about you.

Drew is one of those people that I believe we will all still be thinking of many years from now.

The world has lost a real character.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
It such a waste isnt it. I sorry you didnt hear the news earlier. He was maturing and becoming such a wonderful young man, its never easy to start on the outside lane and have to catch up but thats how I felt it was for drew, and he has not been given the chance to show us all how far he could go. He had a heart of gold, and no matter what else about a person, we have to recognise those with genuine goodness in them from those with ill-intent. Drew had no concept of ill-intent, he had a radiance all of his own.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE