Drew

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Think this thread is a testament to how much everyone here enjoyed drews company around the campfire be it virtual or real world.

Drew i never had a chance to meet you face to face but I'll miss you buddy.

Truely one of an ausome kind and as someone said the world is a darker place without you.

Hope you find a good pitch mate. Keep the kettle warm.

Sam

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Very sad news, especially in one so young.

Drew was a real character who's innocence and enthusiasm enevitably put a smile on my face.

my thoughts go out to his family and loved ones.

woodpoet

Mar 16, 2012
Walthamstow
Very sad news. Didn't know him personally but always contributing to the forum. He will be missed. Condolences to his family and close friends.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Drew lad........what can I say ?
Your enthusiasm and skills you've learnt will steer you well in the Otherworld . Just don't go chucking rubbish on anyone's fire ;)
May your new journey bring you joy and answer all them questions you have. Travel light and easy Drew .
na4u6uju.jpg

udyteme6.jpg

8e8y3y3e.jpg

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
my condolences to family and friends... I never met drew but I feel know him with our common interests. sending love and light

Sad news. Only just heard this morning. :(

I met Drew at my first moot back in 2010 after he offered to help me out with my hammock setup as I had not long got it and wanted karabiners on it. He sorted it out in no time.
He seemed like a very helpful guy and quite a character which also showed in his posts and were always great to read.

Rest in Peace Drew. You will be missed mate.

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
I need to double check this but Mesquite has just put a note on Facebook saying Drew was in a car crash last night and has passed away.

In a bit of a shock reading it.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Woke this morning feeling much the same when I went to bed last night at 2am. Feeling as though I'd been hit with a sandbag. But after reading these comments and high regard we felt for Drew, even if we never actually met him, I actually feel more positive now. Yes, he was too young to have died but he will be remembered for how he was, and if you choose to believe it, he has gone to a better place where tarps don't leak and crappy Silverline tools don't exist and everyone has a Woodlore knife.

I met Drew for the first time last year at the Moot. I thought Cameron, Eric Methven's grandson, was him. Cameron was quite indignant that I thought that! :lmao: It was the big cowboy hat that threw me. Later in the day Drew made an appearance and it was "Ello Biker mate! Where's Bushcraft Betty at?" With an arm around my shoulder like we were long lost buddies, and this BCUK forum does make you feel as though you know that person, even having never met them face to face.

While everyone seems to have an enthusiasm level of about 5, Drew seemed to run his at about 11. He was 25 years old going on 14 and didn't seem to be bothered in the least by being like that. While at The Moot I dug out a bottle of Rochester Ginger wine, the dark smooth type, not the paint remover one. Anyway he had a swig of that after I passed it around at the Naughty Corner and promptly took off with it thinking it was the best alcoholic drink on the planet. I didn't have the heart to tell him it is 0% proof, a joke most of us shared but didn't tell him. But he liked it and made me happy that he did.

Just those couple of weeks seeing him about the camp with those bits of white string he had poking out the bottom of his baggy shorts that he laughingly called legs was a comical but welcome sight... sometimes, and a quick hide behind the tree in case he sees me, at other times. He could wear you out just being nearby. But for all his faults he had an innocence and purity in him that many people lack. As has been said the world is emptier for his passing.

I will miss you Drew, I just hadn't realised how much until I wrote this. Take care buddy.

Last edited:

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
As Craig posted earlier, i first met Drew when he came upto Comriecroft for his first Scottish New Year, boy could he talk the hind legs of a donkey lol, for anyone who really knew Drew, you will know that hyper and 100 miles an hour wouldnt describe him fairly, he told you straight away that he is hyper and can be annoying, but not to let it bother you, for not long after you soon realised that Drew had a genuine heart of gold and wouldnt do any harm to anyone. Recently we had become friends on facebook as well and would often try to wind each other up, but one thing summed him up was when my little 4 year old boy was taken really ill at the start of the year and needed a bone marrow transplant, drew was straight on and contacted me to see if he could somehow donate bone marrow for my wee boy, a wee lad that he had met only once in his life, this for me, summed Oor Drew up, A caring and loving kid, who loved his family and anyone he came into contact with.

From all your friends in Scotland, wee man, thanks for coming up and meeting us all, our lives were richer for meeting a real character like you as there are so few of them about, and i can see that now Drew, May that smile never leave your face and may you sleep a comfy and peaceful sleep wee man.

Mang

Settler
He was also involved in Scouting and it's apt that I saw him at a bushcraft corner at the Gilwell Reunion (a leaders only weekend). I was talking to Woodlife's Pablo across their stand, I bend down to take something out of my bag to show him, and became aware of this chain gun chatter from the other side. This youth was in Pablo's ear 'Allriight Pabloo buddy, how's it been?...<quickfire chat>...I was up drinking a load of pints with whisky chasers and got slaughtered...<quickfire chat>...love yer stand mate you ought to really start selling bushy kit, cheers and laters'. It appeared to be on one breath, and having found the said article I finished my conversation. I found out later that it was Drew, and whilst I didn't manage to introduce myself, at least I met him.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE