Drew

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Its like Tengu says, People like drew are too full of life to die.
A toast of Jack Daniels to Drew, its what you kept pretending was 24 year old malt, but we werent fooled!

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Shocking, horrible news. I only knew him through the forum but he always seemed so full of life and enthusiasm.
Strange how people you never met seem to become close knit, just by communicating half a world apart.
My most sincere condolences to his family and friends.

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
Jeez Hard to believe, Awful News, I never met him but enjoyed reading his posts, Deepest sympathy to his Family and Friends Rest In Peace Young Man.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
I cant believe this news, deeply saddened and shocked!

I hope you have clear skies and plenty of dry firewood wherever you are mate, keep the kettle on the boil for when we meet again!!

Dave

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
Ive only been out a handful of times, and ive found bushcraft seems to build these powerful bonds between people. Lighting fires together, enjoying the outdoors as equals. I met Drew only a few times, and yet I think of him as friend. I hope its not presumptuous to think that. I will forever regret no longer being able to sit down and listen to his stories, or pass him a snifter of mead. A better, nicer, more helpful lad you'll never meet. He was drew, in every way, the good, the bad, and the ugly, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. Drew Dunn...Respect

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
Drew, what a pain in the****. But who would have had him any other way. Mate carry on just as you were you're a legend. X

Last edited by a moderator:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Never mey him except here on the forum but I always enjoyed his posts. My sympathy and prayers are with his family.

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Truly dumbfounded. I never met Drew face to face, but always found him to be full of enthusiasm and positivity. He will be sorely missed; an irreplaceable part of our community. Swing free mate....

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Wow that was just like being punched in the guts, definitely a case of gone too soon, so young

As others have said he had his faults, as do we all, but I don't believe there was ever any malice in him he just went at everything full bore. One morning at brokers I had to turn over in my hammock as I was getting more tired watching Drew constantly buzzing around the fire., sitting down for a second then springing up to do something else. it was like one of those black and white movies running at double speed, and all the time in that flipping hat :)

I appreciated more about his conditions after seeing him try to use spade when we were rescuing his car which he'd got stuck and the long chat we had that followed.

Rest in peace young sir, and I hope you have contentment, you were "ausome" in your own special way and will be missed by many.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
That is very shocking and sad news,

Drew certainly was a character and will be sorely missed. Rest in peace Drew mate.

My condolences to his family and friends.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE