Dream Trip.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Ok. I'm stuck at home again, contemplating the Xmas round trip of relatives and in laws and my mind is already stretching towards my next proper trip out in January.

But it gave me an idea for a thread that might be a bit different.

If money and time were no object, what would your dream trip of a lifetime be?

I'm stuck choosing between Dog sledding and Skidooing in the Canadian Rockies with mixed accommodation like snow holes, lodge tipis and log cabins or a month long photographic tour of Yosemite with someone who really knows the area (Unfortunately Ansel Adams is no longer an option.)

What would you do?

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Good one Wayland (nice avatar by the way!).

Erm, how about a month or so being self sufficient in the empty parts of Scotland, European/Siberian forests or Mongolia.

Chris

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
I have two, One would be the routes and area's that where fought over in North Africa during ww2, the other would be the other extreme, Siberia during winter. A couple of months in each with local or experianced guide.

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
camping in the grounds fo the playboy mansion :)

the rockies sounds good, maybe actually going from the north to south pole down the americas.

Hathor

May 3, 2008
Prague
The North-West Frontier, through the Khyber Pass to Kabul and over the hills to Balkh. In the footsteps of Josiah Harland and Alexander Burnes.

It's on hold....

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
One of the things I'd really love to do is follow John Steinbecks' footsteps when he toured the USA and which he chronicled in his book Travels With Charley. I'd obviously want to sneak in a few bushcrafty side trips to various places :)

Another trip would be 6 months camper vanning around Australia and a few others trips if money and time allowed

Oh... and love the Christmas Avatar Gary... very festive :D

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Money and time no object - out the front door and round and round the world until I get dizzy.

Time no object - The pilgrim's road to Compostella. (Planning this as a start to my retirement).

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Doing either the Pacific Crest Trail or the Appalachian Trail.

I'd rather move to Canada or Sweden in the forests and lakes somewhere than those though.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
For me it would be a trip from North to South from Canada down to the Cape by various methods camper van, horse, and truck. From there then onto the same thing round Australia, the North to South of Africa, now that would be a dream come true.

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Hmmn!

Tough one to decide.

Here's a few that'd be high on my list (in no particular order of preference):

1. A month (at least) travelling around the top end of Australia with Les Hiddins :You_Rock_ in a Land-Rover 110 as per the "Bush Tucker Man" series.

2. Riding the cattle trail from the Rio Grande in Texas to Northern Montanna as per the epic tale, "Lonesome Dove." (I'd have to learn to ride a horse first though :) )

3. Canoeing around Canada for a couple of months solo.

4. A year at Dick Proeneke's cabin in Alaska!

5. A Land-Rover desert trip from Tobruk to Alexandria as per "Ice Cold in Alex."

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Where's got no midgies, no mosquitos, and I don't have to eat fish ?

I want to go there, chill out, meet the people and the plants, see what they make and how they do it.

Be brilliant if it were on a sunny beach somewhere, with lots of trees for shade :D

You'd never guess I'm sitting in the middle of a dreich Scottish Winter now, would you :rolleyes:

cheers,
Toddy

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
some good suggestions already, many of which I'd like to give a try to. But one thing I've long wanted to do is canoe or raft down the mississipi (sp) ala Huck Fin.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE