Dream Trip.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Canada for me , I have family in Ontario and near Vancouver just need to pluck up the courage to fly that far

Having said that Sweden looks good fun also

You`ve got to do it Steve, I fell in love with the place first time we went. Try and spend a month there touring the Rockies and you won`t regret a single minute of it.

Even if it means skinting yourself for a year it`s well worth it. :D

traderran

Settler
May 6, 2007
TEXAS USA
Once upon a time it would have been to sail in a tall ship. Given up the idea of a long cruise in my own boat. Just too much bureaucracy and effort.

Now a long ride through North America or a long canoe trip.

Come over anytime. We have some great rivers to Canoe. I am retired
so can take you on some of the best.

dangerpie

Dec 5, 2008
Thame, Oxfordshire
I would like to explore what the UK has to offer, then maybe hop over to france and walk around the alps in the summer. I think my ultimate places are Canada, and Thailand or South America, ooo I dont know theres just so much to see! Thatll be a good few years yet, I need to get experience and funds first! :)

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
To spend a whole season hunting Dall Sheep (Ovis dalli dalli) and throughout the most spectacular of US high country. And of course with just a rifle, tent and pack horse for company!

Ah, I can just taste the sweet smell of fresh sheep droppings and coffee brewed with powdered snow!

We can but dream I guess. :rolleyes:

john scrivy

Nomad
May 28, 2007
essex
Hello Wayland a good response and all good reading -- your originall thread if money were no object your dream trip Ive traveled quite a bit done only a few forfillments But if dreams could come true I would like to have been John Dunbar in the film Dances with wolves I love the Indian culture and way of life I cant afford trips now so Ill dream sorry if ive gone off track with this

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
just walk out the door and see where life takes me- one day i will :)

I like your idea the best NatG. Sounds good to me.

I had some plans for this year but losing my job and having to use most of my savings to live the last few months has scuppered those for a while.
I think I'd just love to explore our own beautiful country and countryside for the rest of my life. No work, no bills, no appointments, no responsibilities....... just to myself. Fish and forage around our lovely rugged coastline, visit all the old historical buildings, abbeys, churches etc. Visit and stay for a while on some remote offshore islands, and study and watch wildlife, and learn more about plants and trees, and become an expert Bass fisherman. Walk the coastline, and long distance footpaths, explore Dartmoor, the Lake district and Wales and the Highlands, practice and learn more bushy skills and use them everyday, live in a cave for a few weeks, chill out everynight by the campfire with a dram and so on. That would do for me.

barryasmith

Oct 21, 2007
Herts
I'm off to Sweden in February with my best mate on the Ray Mears Arctic experience. It's been a dream for years and we are both really looking forward to it.

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
I'd love to spend some time in Kamchatka. Truly a special place.

Loads to see and do in the UK though. For starters. Travel from where the missis was born and brought up in Ryedale, North Yorkshire to where I was born and brought up near Chichester in Sussex by the inland waterways in our canoe.

In reality, there's simply too much to pack into one life time so I'll leave it there.

Al

SMOKOE

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs
Mine would be 12 months in the Yukon experiencing the huge change in seasons, having just read "the good life" by Dorian Amos I wish I also the guts to gamble everything on a dream.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE