Dougster does it again !!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Following this thread I took Dougster up on his offer to make a knife using a Shing blade in CPM 3V :)

After a bit of discussion we decided on a set of Elm burr scales over black liners, and with a fairly fat handle to suit my shovel-like paws :eek:

And so it came to pass... That Dougster was down in my neck of the woods.. so we arranged a meeting at a secret location (well nearly secret to me as I got lost on the way there - and i'm supposed to be a 'local' :rolleyes: )

After a bit of fun with intermittent phone signals we met up - and a plain jiffy bag was exchanged for some freshly printed 'notes :D

Now I have to say that Dougster is a thoroughly nice bloke to talk to and even bought me a pot of tea :D - We decided that the location we were in (touristy tea rooms) was probably not the best place for me to examine the contents of the 'package', but having seen Dougsters work on the forum I was sure I wouldn't be dissapointed... and I wasn't :D

so after a pleasant half hour (or was it an hour and a half?) of talking about life..the universe and outdoorsy stuff we went our seperate ways..

on getting home ( actually, as far as the first quiet layby.) I opened the packet and looked inside, to find this: :red:

parallel.jpg

The handle is the perfect size for my hands,

top.jpg

and the wood is stunning with it's oiled finish - these photos just don't do it justice :

LH_scale.jpg

RH_scale.jpg

The sheath too is a great piece of work with flowing lines and very neat stitching.

sheathed.jpg

Now, when we were initially discussing this project I said I'd get back to Dougster on the style of sheath I wanted... which I forgot to do :eek: - So Dougster took the initiative and made a half-dangler :D with a normal belt carry loop, and a brass d-ring already fitted so that a double-dangler loop could be easily added later - good thinking Batman :)

backofsheath.jpg

Like others before me, I'm very pleased with the workmanship that has gone into this and would be more than happy to use him again - In fact I'm going to ;)

crossed.jpg

And when I get the next couple of projects back I'll be sure to post up and let you know :)

Cheers Dougster :You_Rock_

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
It has to be said that Rich is knocking out some particularly good work at the moment and everyone who has commisioned a piece from him seems to be made up with the result. His leather work complements his extremly well presented pieces and between you i think you've come up with a marvelous knife and sheath combo, well done Rich and congratulations Bikething! :D

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Aww shucks, thanks.:eek:

I enjoy making them, I like that others enjoy playing with them, another has gone in the post this morning (wait for the knock in the morning Jacko) and then I'm going to take a little break, see my other thread for that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE