Does anyone else wear athletic shorts in the summer?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
I wear climbing shorts and combat type for messing about in, and 2in1 running shorts for running.

I always wear full trousers where I might encounter ticks though!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I have found that the shorts from aldi, have out lasted the craghoper ones i have, & they are about a third of the price.

Rob

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Lycra? Is that not a tad warm around the orchestra stalls? They need freedom and coolness if you want to remain 'fertile'

I wear shorts and cotton pants in the summer but like Mr Fenna non of them (or me) are athletic these days.

Can you get Hawaiian shirts with British trees and fauna print instead of tropical? Sort of keep in more with the bushcraft way.
Yup! Just head to your local shooting store for a Realtree Shirt!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm with Sam on this one - I always think grown men look faintly ridiculous in shorts unless actively playing sports. In fact I don't think I own a pair. Were I to wear them, I would feel obliged to don a pith helmet and utter phrases such as

"Oh dear, how sad, never mind" ;)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I'm with Sam on this one - I always think grown men look faintly ridiculous in shorts unless actively playing sports. In fact I don't think I own a pair. Were I to wear them, I would feel obliged to don a pith helmet and utter phrases such as

"Oh dear, how sad, never mind" ;)

I do hope one would be properly attired with sock suspenders too?...

http://www.fogeygentleman.co.uk/suspenders4.JPG

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Naturally

ahhmB01_l.jpg

Parbajtor

Maker
Feb 5, 2014
Surbiton
www.tanczos.co.uk
Spent a week working at a festival last summer with the camp downhill about a mile away from the meal tent. 3 meals a day plus the rest of the walking about meant that by day 3, a kilt was all that was comfortable. Chafing, dear boy, chafing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE