DIY Leather Quiver

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Having got into archery lately and having already made a bracer and bow stringer, I thought I ought to try something a little more ambitious. I've just finished this leather quiver:

No, I haven't made it back to front :)- I'm a lefty when it comes to shooting:

quiver2.jpg

I used brass D-rings and some straps held by copper rivets for the hangy bit (I'm sure there's a proper name for it.)

quiver3.jpg

And an piece of oak with four holes drilled (16mm each) to stop the arrows all migrating to the bottom of the quiver. This is just a push fit at the moment, though I might consider securing it with brass upholstery nails at some point:

quiver4.jpg

I'm going to use it at the first outdoor shoot of the season tomorrow night - it does look a little out of place with my recurve, however. Must get round to making a longbow...

Last edited:

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
That is beautifull, love the triskall, I am actually going to embark on my first quiver making myself and want to do a good job. what leather did you use?

Cheers;

I used 3mm veg tanned, but from two different sources, hence the slightly darker nature of the quiver compared to the hanger. The leather for the hanger came from Le Prevo and the other I picked up at a re-enactment market recently. The triskells are laser engraved.

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
That looks brilliant, well done :)

I've just got into archery lately myself and that looks like it will last you a lifetime and then some goodjob

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Excellent work!goodjob

Much better than my first attempt http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53111

What bow are you shooting?

All the best............Ian

Ian;

I'm shooting a W and W recurve with Hoyt limbs at the moment - I started about 6 months ago when a group of archers came into my school to run sessions for the kids and needed someone to supervise, and got into it so much that I joined their club. Most shoot recurves but one or two have turned up with longbows andthis is the direction I would like to go.

Nowt wrong with your quiver - I like the combination of materials.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Just got back from using the quiver for the first time at our outdoor range - works a treat, comfy to wear and and looks like I could get a few orders!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE