Did you enjoy the movie District 9?

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
District 9 was a great film. Sharlto Copley was great in it, and I see he is in this new film too.

I saw the trailer the other day when I went to see after earth. Looks good and I am a sucker for sci-fi.

Lots of good looking films coming out.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Ahh my wasted child hood :rolleyes:

Played WH fantasy mostly but read 10 or so of the Horus Heresy.

I never got into Fantasy, I am not much into the setting always been a sci-fi guy.

And sod childhood, I am 27 and still play my mates regularly some of whom are in there mid 30's, I have a 63 thousand point Imperial Guard army. An a few other small Allied detachments. I am playing a Apocolipse game in a few weeks my IG army and two whole first company's of Space Marine Chapters VS a combines 200K point nid blob army, no force org charts just pure carnage on the table top ( before you ask, 9 super heavy's and multiple war-hound titans), will be a fun an long game.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
:eek: Wow!

I just play the odd game of Mordheim now. Did have a 4k WoC army once upon a time....

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Yea this battle is going to be insetting, especially with the new rules.

And It's also the first time I am doing this troop mix, I normally let the arty hammer the important units and tarpit the enemy to death, and loose a few squads in CQB. Ignoring force org charts is going to lead to hell for IG armys, that's why I have the whole first companys of The Black Templars and Space wolfs showing up to the party... I need some powerfists / storm bolters and easy saves to make my first line survive the 4th - 6th round.

This is part of a massive campaign that me and a few friend have been fighting for 4 years, we even go as far as using BFG to detremain what can land etc.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
A short clip is available to view on youtube.

[video=youtube;V_2GpD6bWGg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_2GpD6bWGg[/video]

The robots look pretty cool. :)

Edited to add.

There is gunfire, so probably not safe for work or for very young kids.

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yes like that. So do you actually understand the Dutch language then?

I wouldn't say I understood it. Certain words and phrases can jump out. Being a N-E Scots there was a lot of trade between us and indeed over in costal Fife Flemish was as commonly spoken as English up until the turn on the 19th century so a lot has survived. Plus with old English and Doric having Germanic roots can sometimes tune into what's being said.

Though I do hope the Vid I posted wasn't too rude?

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
But ignorance is no defence in law. And we're not allowed to post up offensive material on the boards. You could've been traumatised by it.:yikes:

Well you're the one who posted the video! Don't worry I don't feel traumatised. I see Man of Tanith browsing. Maybe he is trying to figure out what the video is about.:)

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...Not to speak of the Dutch voiceovers of English movies.:aargh4:..."

I find it hard to believe that they are as bad as Hungarian dubbed English movies. :)

[video=youtube;8LwDHmcH6KU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LwDHmcH6KU[/video]

Last edited:

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
I find it hard to believe that they are as bad as Hungarian dubbed English movies. :)

That is worse. That seems so horrible to watch. To be honest I don't even turn on the Dutch subtitles anymore. I'd rather miss a few words than have to read the entire movie. I just can't not read the subtitles.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE