DD Tarp 2 or USMC PRO 3x3 basha

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbo

Nomad
Aug 22, 2005
Darkest Scotland,
I have £30 burning a hole in my wallet and I want a tarp, I've looked into the possibilty of making my own and that is looking less and less cost effective.

Ideally I'd like the tatonka TC2 polycotton 3x3 or larger but as it its funds are limited (No really :rolleyes: ) to around £30, it will have to wait.

So that leave me with either the DD 3x3 tarp or the USMC PRO 3x3 dpm basha

DD tarp http://www.ddhammocks.com/products.php

USMC PRO Basha http://www.usmcpro.com/usmcgb/indexf.php?PHPSESSID=84b8977d3c7148adaebb5bfc4b8f7b45

Which is the better choice?

I know the decathalon tarp is cheaper but the nearest stockist appears to be several hundred miles from Arbroath.

And yes I know I've just missed the DD kit group buy

Andy

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have the DD Tarp 2 and without fail if I knew about the USMC 3x3 I would have bought that instead.
a) Its alot lighter than the DD Tarp 2
b) It has more utility loops

In fact I think I might just get one myself.:cool:

BushTucker

Settler
Feb 3, 2007
Weymouth
I have the DD Tarp 2 and without fail if I knew about the USMC 3x3 I would have bought that instead.
a) Its alot lighter than the DD Tarp 2
b) It has more utility loops

In fact I think I might just get one myself.:cool:

I second that coment, my dd tarp is flawed as it has no external hoops, at the moment any how.

It seems the only drawback...

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
I bought the USMCPRO 3X3 Basha a couple of years ago and I've no regrets at all.

It's plenty big enough and well made. A feature I particularly like is the fact that the "ridgeline" has a sewn on webbing strip with loops at either end, so you don't have to have a ridge cord, just lengths of paracord or bungees at either end.

All the stitching is of a good standard and the eyelets are good quality, blacked, not shiney brass, and well fitted.

I used mine for my Woodlore Fundamental course in May 2006 and it piddled down almost every day and night. The basha / tarp / whatever you want to call it kept me and all my kit good and dry.

I'd give it a 9/10 (drops a point as it's not available in plain green or brown, only DPM or Central European cammo).

No links to the company, just pleased with the product!

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
I bought the USMCPRO 3X3 Basha a couple of years ago and I've no regrets at all.

It's plenty big enough and well made. A feature I particularly like is the fact that the "ridgeline" has a sewn on webbing strip with loops at either end, so you don't have to have a ridge cord, just lengths of paracord or bungees at either end.

All the stitching is of a good standard and the eyelets are good quality, blacked, not shiney brass, and well fitted.

I used mine for my Woodlore Fundamental course in May 2006 and it piddled down almost every day and night. The basha / tarp / whatever you want to call it kept me and all my kit good and dry.

I'd give it a 9/10 (drops a point as it's not available in plain green or brown, only DPM or Central European cammo).

No links to the company, just pleased with the product!

sounds good - where's the best source to get one?

Dom.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE