British Army Basha vs DD 3x3

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayfarer

Dec 31, 2015
Southampton
Looking for my first tarp (hopefully a hammock too but they are rather expensive).

I can get a british army Basha (8 Foot by 7 Foot) for £15 or the DD 3x3 that I see/hear about a lot on here for over double that price.

Is one way better than the other?

Dec 10, 2015
South Wales
Basha is more robust but smaller. DD is a fair bit larger making it more versatile. Having used both my preference is with the DD as I'm not planning to use a tarp as a stretcher any more.

ValeTudoGuy

Nomad
Mar 8, 2017
Preston, England
I got the DD when it was 20% off and am happy with it. I saw the Army Basha in use the other weekend and would be happy with one. At that price difference I would probably buy the Basha.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
If money is the issue, the basha, if not the DD, it's lighter for a start, bigger and more versatile. It's better too big than too small, having used both and still use the DD.

juliojordio1983

Forager
Oct 15, 2015
Blackpool
I have the DD 3X3 and its brilliant mate. Its fairly light, I'm sure its around 500g, maybe less, the Issue basha is double that weight at the least iirc.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
The issue basha is only goof for ground dwelling. Too small for a hammock. It's a shame as I like my issue basha. DD is the way to go.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE