Dartmoor Meet 1st to 3rd April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Anyone fancy doing their bit to save the planet and some money by giving me a lift if they're travelling past my way?
We're a one car family now and the mrs is going to need it.
I'm not carrying much, will split fuel costs and promise not to say "Are we there yet?" every 5 minutes.

Where a bouts are you dude?, I'll be heading down the A303. but can deviate if you want.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
AH! sorry Bushwhacker I have hit a problem, if your good to travel on the Thursday I can still pick you up as I will be travelling down early. sorry dude completely forgot.If not and you cant get another lift on the friday, let me know and i'll sort something out chap, after all i did say i could doit.

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Mitcham, South London (Surrey)
We are going M3, A303, A30 - also happy to pick up anyone else en route on Friday, but only having a Ford SportKa, might be a bit of a squeeze!

Also, Ivan has kindly agreed to let Pinky bring his RC car (HP Baja 5b I think?) if any of the 'big kids' want to play :)

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
AH! sorry Bushwhacker I have hit a problem, if your good to travel on the Thursday I can still pick you up as I will be travelling down early. sorry dude completely forgot.If not and you cant get another lift on the friday, let me know and i'll sort something out chap, after all i did say i could doit.

Thursdays fine, PM's sent re: directions.
Very grateful, you're a gent.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Couple of questions....

Do we want the ever popular parachute?
Also I am guessing this is not a 'dry' camp? A few people have mentioned alcohol but as there is going to be youngsters around I wanted to make sure everyone was happy with alocohol being present etc etc

Also I am more than happy to dig dig dig....

I keep popping on and off of the thread so am not keeping that much of a close eye on it... Has anyone mentioned a group feast?

Feb 6, 2011
none
Hi Jaysurfer, Bring the parachute that woud be brill,alcohol no problem we are all responsible, group feast would be good i normally cook leg of lamb under ground also big pot of veg casserole , numbers mean several legs! unless you have any ideas?

dont worry about weight of beer or parachute i can take heavy stuff up by quad ..Ivan

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
Do we want the ever popular parachute?
Yes please, I was hoping to get hold of it beforehand it look at a couple of those splits.

happy with alocohol being present etc etc
Very happy ;) (all within moderation)

Has anyone mentioned a group feast?
Not yet but if you would like to 'create'. what about if you put an ingredients list together and we each tick something off the list to bring (to share the cost)

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Well I can bring my cast iron gear and set up a cook spot...

I do love legs of lamb cooked underground....
I'll let everyone start talking and see what the outcome is! Are there any of those weird types coming.... You kno what they're called... those city type folks! Call themselves vegetarians or something silly!!! ;-)

I quite fancy a little night exercise on Dartmoor...

James - i'll try and drop the parachute over to you this weekend if you want?

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Mitcham, South London (Surrey)
Haha - We're 'silly city' peoples, but definitely not vegetarians!
Alternative perhaps (cost dependent), but how about getting a pig to hog roast - start it Friday for later in the weekend? Otherwise, lamb is ALWAYS good!

Guessing we'll need muchos eggs and bacon etc as well - unless we just cater for one group meal and self-cater the rest?

Feb 6, 2011
none
Hope you guys wont be dissapointed, i have rather bigged it up .And of course it helped giving a brown envelope to Zarkwon my PR consultant ha ha . for those not aware there are bits and pieces photos etc around and about . one thing i can say is i live here and i am always up there never get bored and i have been here forever , and as excited as a schoolboy , roll on april the first !

ps I have put in an order with the met office for appropriate weather its gone up cost me a score !!

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I think the one group meal would be easyest, just from a personal point of view, and, although a tasty idea, a pig roast is a pretty labour intensive activity. Is the Ka Sport the one that looks like a mini audi TT?

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Appropriate weather for Dartmoor? in April? best bring me water proofs,wellies,snowshoes,down jacket,hail shield,wind breaker,heated trousers,string vest, flip flops,banana hammock and a brolly!

Feb 6, 2011
none
Southey my learned friend ,my man at the met office has never let me down when i have crossed his palm with silver.

On the group meal i am with you on that one a few legs of lamb under de ground and the big pot of veg casserole should do the trick. but if anyone wants to come up with a better plan , or bring something else thats fine too . And better get Nova a chefs hat from somewhere !!

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
Ok people LAST CALL 24hrs and we close the list

We don't want to go over the top, after all this is Ivans 1st experience of hosting us from BCUK. So if you are lurking and undecided you've got 24hrs to make up your mind.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE