Dartmoor Meet 1st to 3rd April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Good review & it sounds like a really nice swap. This year is shaping up to be the best yet for meets, so I am looking forward to this one. It will be great to go out somewhere a bit away from my normal bushcrafting areas

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
Had the pleasure along with Davyl200 of meeting Ivan and being shown the land to day. Couldn't wish for a nicer place or person. Looking forward to spending many happy hours here and watching the seasons change. Thanks Ivan.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
thanks for the pm Mick :)

so, i see there will be a few 10 & 11yo daughters there...... i guess i should bring mine too then? but if i do, then i will have to bring my son (13) and most likely my wife (40 :p )

if this is all ok, can i ask how space is for a tent? my tarp aint big enough for the four of us! lol its a 4m bell tent, so nothing ridiculously huge

Feb 6, 2011
none
Hi jonajuna, no problem with space for your tent , and bring the whole tribe !! oh and dont worry about carting the tent and supplies up ,i can take them up on the quad.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Hi jonajuna, no problem with space for your tent , and bring the whole tribe !! oh and dont worry about carting the tent and supplies up ,i can take them up on the quad.

you would be a star if you could :) bell tents are soo much nicer than plastic, but boy!!!! 35kg is too much to hump very far :(

havent discussed with swmbo yet, so it may not come to this anyway :)

edit:
well Mick, you may regret your kindness! lol, the whole ajuna tribe is coming. i will report the attendance list from earlier below this post to reflect the change and get the thread back on track :)

see you all then :)

ps, there was mention of suggestions for activities/learning ops over the weekend, has anymore come of this? i ask as my daughter really really wants to do some shelter building and was wondering if there is enough brush around there to enable such a thing? :)

Last edited:

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
1. FreddyFish
2. Zarkwon
3. Nova & Pinky
4. James Mayo
5. Southey
6. Jon(ajuna) Lesa, Cory (13) and Tilly (10)
7. Bushwhacker - will be bringing cider courtesy of British Red.
8. Steve, Joy & Sophie (aged 10)
9. Neumo
10. Radix lecti
11.jaysurfer
12. Ivan & Katie (aka. mongoose13 (aged 11))

Feb 6, 2011
none
To everyone. Looks like we may be fast approaching final numbers for the meet, dont want overkill on the first one ,so will soon close ,anybody in two minds or still considering coming please register an interest sharpish. A couple have mentioned the possibility of activities/learning ops ,that would be great so anybody skilled or knowledgeable in that dept unlike me ! bring and share .Probably be more questions etc closer to the time ,if any need answering just post or ring .

Jonajuna. Plenty of space and material/brush for your daughter to build a shelter that would be magic, you never know might even be able to try it out properly weather and parents permitting.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Fantastic.
my-little-pony-princess-leia.jpg

Feb 6, 2011
none
I dont know if you mean to eat or admire ... Here goes . blue ,great ,longtail,coal tits ,wrens firecrests ,barn owl longeared owl pheasants ,woodcocks ,cuckoos(seasonal) starlings ,robins magpies crows ,ravens etc . roe deer ,rabbits ,squirrels,badgers etc ,sheep ,lambs , cows ,highland cattle ,minature ponies, dartmoor ponies ,dont know if some of them count ,plus some i have forgotten.

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
1. FreddyFish (with a possible +1)
2. Zarkwon
3. Nova & Pinky
4. James Mayo
5. Southey
6. Jon(ajuna) Lesa, Cory (13) and Tilly (10)
7. Bushwhacker - will be bringing cider courtesy of British Red.
8. Steve, Joy & Sophie (aged 10)
9. Neumo
10. Radix lecti
11.jaysurfer
12. Ivan & Katie (aka. mongoose13 (aged 11))

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE