Dartmoor 5 ! The Wrap Up Warm Tour !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Erm..i think I got it lol. I'll charge the walkies up ready, and we can leave one somewhere up top. I have two more that will operate on the same frequency too, so could have a back up at both locations, just in case the cold kills the batteries.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Any opinions on us bringing a cockerel for Saturday lunch? From Richs flock. Can be brought in any preference of live through to fully prepared.... Wondered if anyone who hasn't done such things wanted to be involved in the dispatching, plucking, gutting process? Please say if this would offend/upset and you'd rather not have this on the weekend

Sent via tapatalk from my shiny sgs2

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
I also have a pair of 8km pmr radios and a 2watt 2m/70cm ham handheld with the pmr frequencies pronged in for our comms needs

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Jon, excuse ignorance is it a capon ? I am happy to despach , pluck etc or if someone else would rather just as happy to observe or share duties , also is this a Dutch oven job or skewered rotis style ?
Finally if anyone is not happy with any of the suggested event , please state , and we wont .

Ivan...

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
No capon just feathers on. Dutch oven is ideal if one is free else will bring chicken brick

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
I bagsie the hackle feathers! :)

Chuck-chuck cooked in the Dutch oven with a forcemeat stuffing made with the giblets! Yum!

Of course I won't be able to do the cooking if I'm sat in my kiosk with my dayglo jacket on taking out my bad temper (caused by a painful leg) on all the punters. Been practicing my lines though, 'Oye, you! You can't put it there mate. It's more than me job's worth for me to let you leave it in an acre of clear space where you aren't in anybody's way.'

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
In seriousness, not a capon, it's as nature intended, about 6 months old, so won't feed the 5000 though all welcome to try some, but due to being male, organic, virtually free range and allowed to do what cocks do best... The meat is much more gamey than most are used to. Hence not to everyone's liking. I've had his cocks filling me before, so will forgoe a share so more for others.

Plenty of feathers and fluffing for everyone :)

*ponders if he can squeeze in any more double entendres into the post

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hey people , Chris , who came with Joel to the last meet has posted some stunning shots on Dartmoor 4 Return of the Woodsmoke, have a butchers...

MandiMoo

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 6, 2011
Torquay
Hey guys :)
happy new year and all that, badger and I would like to come please, we can only make friday night and would be bringing dawg too, hope to see you there x

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
So whose on the list (tabulated or otherwise) now? Lost track :)

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
I have a teenager that needs plucking and burying somewhere on the moors
Sounds like I am going too miss out on a great meet
Oh and Ivan if you and Paul are gonna start talking stuff don't forget to mention the monkey the elephant the cork and the two radishes .....
Have a good one guys gonna miss you all

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
HEY ! Good news Badger and Foxy , are coming out of the set and popping up for a play ! Don't tell Dusty until the Friday morning as he will make your life hell !

Looking forward to a Badger chin wag and of course a Mandimoo cuddle , or is it the other way round ? Also it will be interesting to see Dusty's reaction when he spots me from across the marsh ..

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Right ! Jon has requested an up to date list of those keeping warm ! As with all reality things , in no particular order.

Ivan ... ( Jimmy Saville, David Dickinson etc. ) lager/brandy .
Katie ( Fag Legs , Mongoose 13, spoilt rotten ) orange juice .
Adam ( Savagebushcraft, Absinthe , fall over , interesting fact encyclopedia ) lager /wine/absinthe .
Paul Newman ( Ichneuman , not the dead actor , Dartmoor expert ) lager .
Skate ( Alistair, fond of the pelvis as head gear , discoverer ) cider .
Lucy ( Usually a warm blooded creature , but keep an eye ! ) lager, wine.
Jonajuna ( Expert in stuff , that goes right over my head !) lager tequila .
Arry ( interesting character, thinks everyone is called Arry ) lager .
Darren (Kard33 sharps expert ) abstains .
Dave53 ( Welsh chuckler and hammock genious ) just a nip .
The Big Lebowksi ( Great camp chef, knife sharpener another clever sod ) rum/port/saki etc etc .
Paul Webster ( Kit expert , also hammock genious ) lager.
Badger ( Rescue expert, problem solver , axe weilder ) lager .
Foxy ( mother hen , camp psycologist ) crabbies/brandy .
Dusty ( dog, fetch expert, stone finder ) water.
Cockerel ( food , sorry doesn't make it out ! )

Now a few lucky ones , can't ridicule just yet .
Rich ( Jons pal )
Wild Thing ( Phill )
Patrols ( Stuart )

Apologies if I left anyone out , or caused offence ( you know by getting your poison wrong or something )

MandiMoo

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 6, 2011
Torquay
corr, thats loads of peeps! :) i will say at this point....if it's p***ing down, i ain't playing, i dont like being a soggy foxy :( not even if there's an 'Ivansnog' involved lol xxxx

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
What !! No Al , cripes in that case , rip the hi vis vest , donkey jacket and peaked cap off Newman , tell him he has been promoted to , camp chef , tell him he can keep Als apron and we should be sorted.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE