Dartmoor 5 ! The Wrap Up Warm Tour !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
I am sorry to say lords ladies and gentlemen that I cannot partake in this meet due to dates coinciding with family matters, which is a real pian in the behind. But rest assured the be t one I will be there and staying fir the weekend and that's set in stone. So have a great time you crazy kids and keep real wrapped up and warm
All the best guys and Happy New Year to you all

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Tish! Cock-urn-eese! You can't rely on any of 'em! They always let you down. :)

Dammit Rick - you're gonna be missed. Or do I mean the absynth? :) Oh well, maybe next time.

We'll raise a glass for you - to absent friends.

ATB Paul

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
Oh dear me the jokes on me fellas and you all will be missed by lil ole me and for the next meet by special request of Mr Savage I have in my possession a few small bottles of Absinthe which I know around the fire will keep us all entertained
Atb guys

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
You and that darn family of yours Rick ! only joking ,no i'm not , rest assured your ears will be burning that weekend as we will all be talking about you ! i am going to make up stuff , that will make campmates gasp and say really !! and you know how believable i am around the campfire , especially getting posive nods from messers Savage and Newman to back me up !

Sorry to hear that pal , as you say next time , you had better ! or we will be forced to travel to North Devon just to squeeze your plums !!

Ivan...

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Can we have another competition for the person with the most colourful spork please for those of us unfussed about spoon carving? ;)

Sent via tapatalk from my shiny sgs2

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Some how , me thinks there maybe more than one competition, with nominal prizes all weekend , resulting in us all being winners as usual , jolly japes an all !

I wonder who will win the...

Talking
Sleeping
Drinking
Grafting
Crafting
Finest tarp setup
etc..
etc..

Answers on a postcard please ..

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
After spending work and college time being competitive, I think I will emjoy the change and stick with being totally non-competitive for bushcraft! I will leave that job to you testosterone-fuelled lads and observe from my seat by the fire.

However, I am up for shifting firewood, peeling potatoes, and helping out, so put me down for all that stuff Ivan, and maybe, if we are a smallish group, I can help by providing something already preparedl like a simple casserole and a big pile of mash for lunch on saturday to take a bit of the strain off chef, if he is with us this time - give him a bit more drinking time!

Sorry you won't be with us Wolf.

Last edited:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Stuart, welcome aboard ! hopefully you can make head or tail from the directions , a little word of warning , when you arrive at the car parking area , you will have to give me a ring as you wont find the site ! Somebody will then come down and meet you , to show the way , particularly as its likely to be dark .

Also what mobile network are you on ?, as reception is better on some than others, any other questions please feel free to ask , look forward to meeting you .

Atb Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Actually , valid point by Jon and Adam regarding the competion for the Bahco Folding Saw, so to make it fair for everyone , regardless of when you arrive , the rules are .

something " Bushcrafty "

Eg.. Carving /Whittling of any description , with brought or supplied wood .

Cordage / Sewing/weaving or doing something fancy with paracord .

Making of shelter / lean to / pot hangers/ cooking pot supports etc etc

Oh and a special one for Jon , Bridge Building !

I think you have the idea now .

The judging panel remains the same , Katie .

( no bribing the judge ! )

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Oh ! Blimey the world is a corrupt place, Mr Savage were you on the panel that has decided the venue for Olympics , World Cups , Questions for Favours , Etc , The little judge you speak of has in the past been spoilt rotten by members of our Bushcraft gang , and i have asked her to be totally neutral and unbiased in her decision . She may have to be removed from the judging panel and replaced by myself, to stop and underhandedness and skulduggery.

Yours Respectfully.

Ivan...

PS can i have my bracelet in olive , please ... Oh and i have taken a shine to that jacket you were wearing at the last meet , don't worry i tried it on when you were not looking , fits like a glove ..

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Mmmm bridge building eh! Need more info... Span og gap, style preferred (cantilever /suspension /other) permitted materials, is a stove pipe hat a prerequisite?

Just so many questions I now have

Sent via tapatalk from my shiny sgs2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE