Dartmoor 4 " Return Of Te Wood Smoke "...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi all thanks to everyone who attended the dartmoor meet new and old faces can't name you all to many but welcome chris ,trevor and igor our new friend from
chicago across the pond as always it was nice to meet everyone again the weather was fantastic as was the company I've not laughed so much in years ivan and mandy I'm glad you like the walking sticks wouldn't be without mine i hope they serve you well as you all know we all brought food thank paul for the pork mandy for the stew and al for the minestrone soup and the thing on top and lets not forget pauls chicken we all eat like kings anyone would think we were wild camping lol i took some pics so here we go
some of us around the fire
vx0zys.jpg

a couple of setups
23m0k04.jpg

al showing off his new axe mandy adam,lucy and katie looking on
27yaoeo.jpg

and ivan having a go
1606ebn.jpg

lucy and mandy peeling the veg for the stew
4tr2xf.jpg

fire
2uosvt3.jpg

breakfast by me port by paul
21dj0ah.jpg

the gathering
dcues8.jpg

ivan and alistair took a few of us onto the moor for a wonder
katie ivan & alistair i think on puper rock
2e3psu1.jpg

the view on the moors
t9h27m.jpg

25gqd6v.jpg

group photo on the moors
nr173q.jpg

the only sycamore on the moors
n3xmrr.jpg

a little video of dartmoor
n3xmrr.jpg

View My Video
just in time for dinner al a pork by tbl
29vnn7r.jpg

alistair licking the juices of the cooked pork
317k1s4.jpg

adam cooking some bread
352g2eq.jpg

a couple of setups this is mandys
29dyfb4.jpg

mine
2147cjq.jpg

adams setup
5vnpm8.jpg

ivan and katies tent
xnr991.jpg

sunday breakfast
2r403za.jpg

119mezp.jpg

2ii8ho7.jpg

our waterfall shower
2e22io2.jpg

another view of our fountain
ws45ea.jpg

andybruce arrived on friday morning and built this shelter fantastic in it
24azzmg.jpg

trevor who arrived on his bike showed some of us how to make a tripod chair that he was shown at the moot by eric methven
33ae1vk.jpg

lucy trying out the tripod chair
a499au.jpg

the chair in question
123uxjt.jpg

well thats all the photos for now hope the don't bore you all
again thank you ivan and everyone for making the dartmoor 4 the revenge another fantastic meet looking forward to the next one regards to one and all

MandiMoo

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 6, 2011
Torquay
Afternoon, back up top today , the weather stinks on ice !! , I worked all day yesterday on an alternative site for a possible meet before 2011 expires , and have found us a lovely spot , on the edge of Dartmoor still, so if any of you are up for another weekend let me know, safe parking , gentle half mile stroll, clean running water , beautiful scenery, etc , etc , and no charge !!
And as the realistic chance of a Christmas meet is going to be difficult for most , thought there might be some interest , so its going to be easier to post when is NOT ! suitable , so as we can possibly put a weekend together .

Its only 4 miles from mine and quite easy to find . So if there is enough feedback i will put the wheels in motion .
I will deal with location etc by pm . Ivan...

well you know i'm up for that anytime, Badger and Dusty will be keen too, so count us in, i have to work the next 3 sundays, but should be off the one after, and Badger works saturday night normally, if we have enough notice i'm sure we'll sort something, i'm always up for a new adventure :) if you need any help or anything just let us know xxx

And the next (and last) video. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing, but 12 minutes of the 15 minute "blackout" footage, seemed like an accidental button press, rather than forgetting to open the lens cover. Makes me wonder what was going on out there now...lol

[video=youtube;tiOTcW7Ys4A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiOTcW7Ys4A[/video]

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Nice work Adam , blimey you spent some time editing, condensing and censoring , i was filming for weeks ! good work with the beep ! probably a good idea not to let me behind or infront of the camera !!

Cheers pal great memories as ever Ivan...

Nice work Adam , blimey you spent some time editing, condensing and censoring , i was filming for weeks ! good work with the beep ! probably a good idea not to let me behind or infront of the camera !!

Cheers pal great memories as ever Ivan...

I didn't condense anything. That's all the footage that had images lol. I was going to listen to them, then add slideshow photos of the locations (from my stockpile :)), but there was hardly any talking....from anyone. I think you must have been unconscious :D

Mongoose13

Feb 17, 2011
I had so much fun!! I can't wait 'til the next one! I will load on the few photos on that i took very soon lol :)

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
Those pics and vies are super feeling depressed that sitting in front room when could all ge enjoying a rainy night in front of a fire on the moors watching mandi feeding the ferns badger sweating profusely with his massive tool Ivan running around in just a towel and Lucy being all girlie bring on next meet

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Finally I'm home and have Internet. Even Igor got home before me!

Well!!....What can I say? A fantastic weekend with some marvellous people. People like you lot bring back my faith in Humanity. We might all be a bit rough and ready compared to the 'refined gentry' but hearts are firmly in the right place with you all. So a big thank you to everybody.

It's now ****.......sistantly raining here so I can hardly believe what the weather was like a couple of days ago. Your 'friend' upstairs must have read your post on here Ivan and thought - 'There a man who is not a sinner - I'll send him some good weather'.:) S'funny! I thought cussin' and drinkin' were banned by the Good book?

Nice pictures and videos to bring back the great memories, so thanks for those that took 'em and posted 'em.

My River dance was only surpased by Mandy and Adam's fire dance and, thank God, nobody saw me fall in the river. Almost lost it completely and it could have been total immersion. Couldn't have nonchalantly passed that off as though nothing had happened! :cool:

Hope I can make the next one.

Thanks Guys and Gals.

Paul

P.S. Ivan. I know where the potato cave is! Nah Nah na Nah Nah!

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Was very good to see you again Paul, and Igor was about as chilled-a sidekick as and man could ask for...! And also thanks for the surprise chicken. Cooked to perfection and tasted better than most I have tried!

I shall be keeping one eye on you next time, camera poised ;)

Almost lost it completely and it could have been total immersion. Couldn't have nonchalantly passed that off as though nothing had happened! :cool:

(As I'm sure a few will, when I test my 'new' hammock straps)

Regards, al.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE